Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Casting News, Spoilers and First Teaser Trailer: Show Gets a New Series Regular Plus Possible Storylines [Speculations]
By jaskiran kaur | June 26, 2014 1:03 PM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 won't air until fall 2014 but spoilers from much-awaited upcoming season are already making the rounds. Fans can look forward to the return of old yet beloved characters, new characters, new doctors, new relationships and hook-ups, new storylines, interesting medical cases and disasters. Here is the latest update on "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 including casting news and spoilers. Read on to find out more. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 has got a new series regular. On June 23, 2014, TV Guide reported that actress Caterina Scorsone has got full-time status as Amelia Shepherd. "Private Practice" alum Caterina Scorsone appeared during Season 10 as Derek Shepherd's (Patrick Dempsey) sister. The character came to Seattle after calling off her engagement with her fiancé in Los-Angeles and decided to stay there.
Fans know that 11th season is going to be challenging for Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek as a couple. How do you think she will contribute to their storyline? Will she add problems or will she be the one to support?
Not to forget, there is a new doctor on board. Maggie Pierce is the new bombshell to be a part of the team of doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. She is said to be Meredith's sister and Ellis' daughter presumably with Richard.
Furthermore, the return of "Grey's Anatomy" has been teased in new teaser trailer also showing Shonda Rhimes's other shows "Scandal" and all-new "How to Get Away With Murder." The teaser that opens with scenes from first season of "Grey's Anatomy" shows some memorable moments from Meredith and Derek's relationship and then introduces Shonda's new show.
It should be noted that script for "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 is already in works. However, filming hasn't started yet. Speculations about next installment's storylines are running rampant. Wetpaint speculates that some "bad news" will hit the Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital at the opening of the new season. Expanding on the possible storylines, the Web site notes that there could be a "massive catastrophe" or a "departure of a dearly beloved cast member." "Major marital strife between Meredith and Derek" and "family drama" are some other scenarios speculated by the Web site. However, there is no confirmation on show's storyline. The above mentioned scenarios should be treated as mere speculations by Wetpaint.
Watch the first teaser for "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11, below.
Video:Thank God It's Thursday
Credit: YouTube.com/ Michael Pantoustier
For more updates and spoilers on "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11, scroll down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles