Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: New Pokemon Sage and Pokemon Art Academy’s Kyogre Template
By Gel Galang | June 26, 2014 12:42 PM EST
With Nintendo, Game Freak and The Pokemon Company still keeping a few details for the upcoming "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" close to the chest, there are a few more Pokemon games that fans can get into while waiting for more tidbits about the Hoenn remake.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
One of these involves a game that was created by the 4Chan community, a project that has been going on for quite some time. DualShockers has tried the game "Pokemon Sage," and it seems that what makes this new Pokemon game stand out and worth the time is the fact that here are new Pokemons, characters and settings that make it an entire game of its own.
While borrowing the whole idea of Pokemon, the group from 4Chan that started "Pokemon Sage," has now created a pretty good vision of the game after three years of development. They have chosen the South America territory, where there are two teams temporarily called "Team Aztecians/Team Conquistadors" and "Team Tribe/Team Inquisition."
Apart from new starter heroes-you can choose to be Simon or Sofia-you also have an array of Pokemons, originally designed to fit the region. The link above has a quick glimpse of these new characters and Pokemon, complete with their evolutions as well. But there's also this imgur link that features a few of the Pokemons planned for "Pokemon Sage."
According to the source, a demo already exists and can be played for around two hours max, where you'll be encountering three towns, two caves, and 10 Pokemons.
Pokemon Art Academy Features Pokemon ORAS's Kyogre
The booming new game of "Pokemon Art Academy,' which teaches players how to draw their favorite Pokemons, has just recently had another distribution of template. This time, the template is for Kyogre, which is one of the Pokemons that will be making its way to the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" as the Primal Kyogre.
According to Serebii, the trusted source for Pokemon news, the template for the legendary Pokemon will take place from June 26 until July 2. This follows the other "Pokemon ORAS" legendary and primal Pokemon Groudon, which was distributed as a template the week prior to Kyogre's appearance.
The Kyogre template can now be accessed in the Free Paint mode of "Pokemon Art Academy.
The "Pokemon Art Academy" is currently available on the Japanese Nintendo eShop for the 3DS, but gamers can expect a launch in the West sometime this July. Nintendo World Report states that the release date for the game in Europe and Australia have been set for July 4 and 5, while a North American release date has not yet been announced.
Template distributions have not yet been officially stated if they will be made available for the western version at launch date or as live distribution events.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy