Samsung Galaxy Note 4’s September Leaked Release Date, Gear Live Smartwatch Gets More Specs
By Gel Galang | June 26, 2014 11:57 AM EST
Much-anticipated and talked about handset Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has been spearheading headlines for the past few weeks leading to the Google I/O, but a new report preceding the event has revealed a possible release date for the device.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Battlefield Hardline Beta’s Weapons and Gears Unlocked, Destiny Exclusivity on the PS4 and PS3 Detailed
PS4 Preorders and Preloading Available with a List as the Console Becomes One of Sony’s Leads in Profit
Another clue that contributes to this possibility is the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 also launched at around the same date as the slated Sept 25. Additionally, shareholders who are deeply ingrained in the project have also given their word that this may be the release date to look forward to for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
All the rumoured specs have been maintained as of the moment, and this includes the 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen, two versions of the processor (Snapdragon 805 and Exynos 5433 depending on which market you are in), a 16-megapixel rear and 3.68-megapixel front camera, the Android 4.4.3 out of the box OS, 3GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage.
Gear Live: Samsung's Wearable Smartwatch?
The details for Samsung's rumoured smartwatch are coming together as the Google I/O commences, with the latest speculations now pointing to the possible name that the device will be coming out with.
According to SamMobile, reports are stating that Samsung may be looking at Gear Live as the name of the smartwatch. Not only that, the specs for the Android wear have ben leaked, some of which include the 1.63-inch display, 1.2 GHz processor, the 300 mAh battery, a heart rate monitor (to match the latest array of Samsung Galaxy S5 devices), 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal space, as well as Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
The release date for the supposed Gear Live has also been leaked, with July 7 being the date that it will allegedly be released to stores. The report does point out a potential flaw in the rumour, since this smartwatch will be Android-powered as opposed to the Tizen smartwatches that have already been released.
With the brand still touting "Gear Live," which is very near the predecessors Gear and Gear 2, the loss of a definitive Android identity can be confusing, though the name may still be different from what's officially released.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date