Samsung Galaxy Note 4’s September Leaked Release Date, Gear Live Smartwatch Gets More Specs
By Gel Galang | June 26, 2014 11:57 AM EST
Much-anticipated and talked about handset Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has been spearheading headlines for the past few weeks leading to the Google I/O, but a new report preceding the event has revealed a possible release date for the device.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Another clue that contributes to this possibility is the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 also launched at around the same date as the slated Sept 25. Additionally, shareholders who are deeply ingrained in the project have also given their word that this may be the release date to look forward to for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
All the rumoured specs have been maintained as of the moment, and this includes the 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen, two versions of the processor (Snapdragon 805 and Exynos 5433 depending on which market you are in), a 16-megapixel rear and 3.68-megapixel front camera, the Android 4.4.3 out of the box OS, 3GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage.
Gear Live: Samsung's Wearable Smartwatch?
The details for Samsung's rumoured smartwatch are coming together as the Google I/O commences, with the latest speculations now pointing to the possible name that the device will be coming out with.
According to SamMobile, reports are stating that Samsung may be looking at Gear Live as the name of the smartwatch. Not only that, the specs for the Android wear have ben leaked, some of which include the 1.63-inch display, 1.2 GHz processor, the 300 mAh battery, a heart rate monitor (to match the latest array of Samsung Galaxy S5 devices), 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal space, as well as Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
The release date for the supposed Gear Live has also been leaked, with July 7 being the date that it will allegedly be released to stores. The report does point out a potential flaw in the rumour, since this smartwatch will be Android-powered as opposed to the Tizen smartwatches that have already been released.
With the brand still touting "Gear Live," which is very near the predecessors Gear and Gear 2, the loss of a definitive Android identity can be confusing, though the name may still be different from what's officially released.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates