Titanfall vs Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: New Update Teases Featured Modes
By Gel Galang | June 26, 2014 11:20 AM EST
"Titanfall" is far from being a finished game, as developer Respawn Entertainment has introduced another batch of updates for the first-person shooter.
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
iOS 8 Second Beta Rolling Out, iWatch Testing Finds Its Way to NBA’s Kobe Bryant, Multiple Versions Planned
The new update will bring in the Featured Game Modes, which is similar to a bunch of challenges in other games, wherein the game modes will only be available for a specific amount of time.
Eurogamer has spotted the update via the official "Titanfall" Web site, and it has quite the long list of fixes and feature additions for this update. Marked for Death and Wingman Last Titan Standing have been revealed as the first two Featured Game Modes appearing with the update.
Marked for Death is where one player from each team will be marked, and you have to target the marked enemy while protecting your marked comrade. The update will also bring in 14 new Titan Burn Cards, most of which are Titan weapons and abilities. According to the developer, you won't lose the Titan Burn Card if you die as a Pilot but you will if you die as a Titan.
Accomplishments will also have Titan insignias, which can be unlocked after completing requirements. Those who have completed the Gooser challenge can expect insignias of their own to mark how they overcame the challenge.
Other improvements have also touched on the matchmaking system of Respawn for "Titanfall," the option to have Titan OS voices, the addition of challenge trackers, an updated menu art and a whole list of general fixes, accessible in the link above.
Respawn did not reveal any release dates, but they have reiterated on the fact that it will be coming soon and for all platforms of "Titanfall."
'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Trailer's Cool Tech Showcased
The latest "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" trailer shows off a bunch of the weapons and suits that players will be handling in the game. GameSpot has seen the video, which basically discusses the future tech used in "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" and shows off a few more additions to your arsenal.
Some of the new technology includes the Threat Detection grenade, which acts like an X-ray mechanisms, where you just throw it in an area and you can see enemies who are lurking or hiding.
There's also the blast shield which is very much in sync with your movements, whether you move right or left as you maneuver through the shootouts, and when you need to shoot, the cover will go down so you can take aim and fire away, and go back up when you're ready to go under cover.
"We have technology like the hoverbikes and hoverpacks, things that can go all over terrain. Not only hovering on water but also on land," said Glen Schofield in the video. "The future tech in the game is actually based on technology that we see today and we take it further. That's one of the things about 'Call of Duty.' It's gotta be relatable, gotta be believable."
The biggest difference with "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is the exoskeleton, which makes the human player an actual weapon of its own. Now players can throw people farther, jump higher, and do abilities that would not be done in a normal battlefield.
As what the developers have touted time and again, the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is a game changer for the COD franchise.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS