PS4 vs. Xbox One: The Last of Us Remastered Bundle Spotted; Halo 5: Guardians Not Coming to PC
By Gel Galang | June 26, 2014 10:55 AM EST
In a little over a month, "The Last of Us Remastered" for the PS4 will be dropping by retail, but it seems that the PS4 bundle for the game has also been leaked by Amazon France.
A scene from the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game is shown during a presentation by Bonnie Ross (not pictured), studio head of 343 Industries, at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
This follows a few other bundles released for the PS4, including the "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes," "Watch Dogs" and "Destiny" bundles.
Polygon has spotted the new PS4 "The Last of Us Remastered" bundle, which includes the 500 GB console as well as a copy of the game. The price is listed at €429.99, though this has not yet been confirmed with Sony so far.
However, for players who already have a PS4 and only want a copy of "The Last of Us Remastered," there's also good news, as Sony has recently dropped the price of the title.
This happened over the weekend, where the price was lessened to $50 and the $10 difference will be refunded for those who have ordered the game via Amazon or Gameshop. GameSpot also noted that players who have bought their copy via the PlayStation Store will also receive their refund despite the fine print in the system, as PlayStation's Adam Boyes and Sony Worldwide boss Shuhei Yoshida have both confirmed that the refund will be given back.
'Halo 5: Guardians' May Skip PC For Now
Fans of one of the most anticipated games fro the Xbox One, "Halo 5: Guardians" may have to either play the game on the Xbox One or wait longer than expected to play it on the PC.
A report from GameSpot states that 343 Industries has already confirmed that a PC version of "Halo 5: Guardians" won't be happening soon for the PC. The reason for this is that the team wants to focus on the Xbox One.
This does not mean that there is no hope for PC fans, if they want to play "Halo 5: Guardians on the PC. In as far as its track record is concerned, most of the titles of the Halo franchise have seen release on the PC, so it may mean that a longer wait may be in the cards.
In line with the "Halo 2" campaign, the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" has also received an update regarding its resolution for the Xbox One release.
Videogamer reports that of all the "Halo" games coming to "The Master Chief Collection" on Xbox One, "Halo 2" will be the only one that will skip the 1080p resolution magic.
"There's a chance that H2 [Halo 2] Anniversary campaign could run at a different resolution to accommodate the frame buffer. But the intent is to overcome that hurdle," said Frank O' Connor, in an interview quoted by Videogamer.
There are still five months of development left before "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" will launch on November 11 for the Xbox One. Until then, 343 Industries is welcome to try and see if game development can include "Halo 2" being improved for its resolution.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon