PS4 vs. Xbox One: The Last of Us Remastered Bundle Spotted; Halo 5: Guardians Not Coming to PC
By Gel Galang | June 26, 2014 10:55 AM EST
In a little over a month, "The Last of Us Remastered" for the PS4 will be dropping by retail, but it seems that the PS4 bundle for the game has also been leaked by Amazon France.
A scene from the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game is shown during a presentation by Bonnie Ross (not pictured), studio head of 343 Industries, at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
This follows a few other bundles released for the PS4, including the "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes," "Watch Dogs" and "Destiny" bundles.
Polygon has spotted the new PS4 "The Last of Us Remastered" bundle, which includes the 500 GB console as well as a copy of the game. The price is listed at €429.99, though this has not yet been confirmed with Sony so far.
However, for players who already have a PS4 and only want a copy of "The Last of Us Remastered," there's also good news, as Sony has recently dropped the price of the title.
This happened over the weekend, where the price was lessened to $50 and the $10 difference will be refunded for those who have ordered the game via Amazon or Gameshop. GameSpot also noted that players who have bought their copy via the PlayStation Store will also receive their refund despite the fine print in the system, as PlayStation's Adam Boyes and Sony Worldwide boss Shuhei Yoshida have both confirmed that the refund will be given back.
'Halo 5: Guardians' May Skip PC For Now
Fans of one of the most anticipated games fro the Xbox One, "Halo 5: Guardians" may have to either play the game on the Xbox One or wait longer than expected to play it on the PC.
A report from GameSpot states that 343 Industries has already confirmed that a PC version of "Halo 5: Guardians" won't be happening soon for the PC. The reason for this is that the team wants to focus on the Xbox One.
This does not mean that there is no hope for PC fans, if they want to play "Halo 5: Guardians on the PC. In as far as its track record is concerned, most of the titles of the Halo franchise have seen release on the PC, so it may mean that a longer wait may be in the cards.
In line with the "Halo 2" campaign, the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" has also received an update regarding its resolution for the Xbox One release.
Videogamer reports that of all the "Halo" games coming to "The Master Chief Collection" on Xbox One, "Halo 2" will be the only one that will skip the 1080p resolution magic.
"There's a chance that H2 [Halo 2] Anniversary campaign could run at a different resolution to accommodate the frame buffer. But the intent is to overcome that hurdle," said Frank O' Connor, in an interview quoted by Videogamer.
There are still five months of development left before "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" will launch on November 11 for the Xbox One. Until then, 343 Industries is welcome to try and see if game development can include "Halo 2" being improved for its resolution.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine