Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Confirmed - Two Variants with Flat and Curved Screen Options on September 25
By Precious Silva | June 26, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Samsung gears up for the Galaxy Note 4 release as recent information suggests the company will launch the product this September 25. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly run on two chipsets and offer two screen variations. While Samsung remains tight lipped about the product, analysts believe the Korean tech giant will not let Apple hog the limelight this September. It will be a competitive holiday this fall for tech.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
According to Ecumenical News, Samsung may be gearing up for two versions of the device: one with flat screen and one with curved screen. More importantly, there will also be two versions of the device in terms of chipset: an octa-core Exynos processor and Snapdragon 805. Both devices have been spotted on AnTuTu Benchmark database further supporting their release. As with other devices spotted on the database, products that show up eventually find their way into the market.
As with the AnTuTu sighting, the SM-N910S refers to the quad-version of the Galaxy Note 4 running on a Snapdragon 805 CPU, an Adreno 420 GPU with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal memory. The SM-N910C, on other hand, refers to the version running on an octa-core Exynos processor, ARM Mali-T760 GPU with 3GB RAM. Specifically the Exynos version is clocked at 1.3GHz eight-core and will be released in India. As for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, is clocked at 2.5GHz complete with Adreno 420GPU SoC. The device supports 4G LTE and will likely be released to regions that have the connection.
Other reported specs of the Galaxy Note 4 include a 5.7-inch screen, 16MP camera and 2560×1440 pixel 2K display. The production of the Galaxy Note 4 is well under its way just in time for the September release. The handset may hit stores officially a few days following its announcement at the IFA Berlin. A Samsung official did hint before that the company plans to unveil the Galaxy Note 4 during the event similar to what the company did for the Galaxy Note 3. GSM Arena said a source from Korea hinted the device's release to be around September 25. Samsung has not made any official announcements yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]