Apple iPad Air 2 Release Date: What We Know So Far (Price, Specs, Features and Leaked Images)
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 26, 2014 8:39 AM EST
Apple iPad Air 2 release date is the talk of the town with a plethora of periodically leaked information from various sources ruling the internet space. Freshly leaked images from 'Know Your Mobile' provide a good look of the next generation Apple iPad Air 2. This upcoming device also goes by the name Apple iPad 6. The confirmed stand-out feature of the iPad Air 2 is the long-rumoured Touch ID fingerprint scanner on the home button of the next-generation device.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.
iPad Air 2 Release Date
According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple's next-generation iPad Air release date is slated for Q3 i.e. November 2014. In addition, the iPhone 6 release date is designated for Q3 2014 for the 4.7 inches model and Q4 2014 for the 5.5 inches iPhone variant.
iPad Air 2 Price
The upcoming Apple iPad Air 2 will likely be priced at US$500/AU$600/£479, according to TechRadar.
iPad Air 2 Exterior
Going by the leaked images, the buttons pertaining to the iPad Air 2 are in their regular locations. The rocker sits on the side of the device; however, the lock key is missing from the captured image. Also, the microphone is located next to the primary camera. Other than the differences mentioned above, there is no other outlook change in the upcoming iPad device.
iPad Air 2 Specs
Apart from the Touch ID fingerprint sensor, the iPad Air 2 is expected to feature the same 9.7 inches display as the original iPad Air and packs a screen resolution of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels. The device will be powered by Apple's next generation A8 processor and will run on the latest Apple iOS 8. The iPad Air 2 will house an 8 megapixel (iSight) rear-facing camera unit, whereas the original iPad Air features only a 5 megapixel camera. In addition, there will be a 1.5 megapixel front-facing camera in the iPad air 2, which is an upgrade from the 1.2 megapixel camera unit of the original iPad Air.
iPad Air 2 Leaked Images
- Here is the link to Know Your Mobile to get a good look at the sides and exterior of the upcoming iPad Air 2.
- Here is the link to Apple Club, which showcases all three upcoming devices (iPhone6, iPadAir2, and iPad Mini 3) from Apple.
- Here is the tweeted image of iPad Air 2 (iPad 6) by Steve Hemmerstoffer:
— Steve Hemmerstoffer (@stagueve) June 23, 2014
Are you ready to upgrade your iPad device to the next generation iPad Air 2? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points