Android 5.0 Name Game: Lollipop, Liquorice, Lemon Meringue Pie, Ladyfingers or Leche Flan
By Ryan Inoyori | June 26, 2014 8:25 AM EST
Android 5.0's iconic dessert name may be unveiled at the Google I/O event and Lollipop seems to be the people's choice. There are several others which may be chosen and we cannot be sure if Google is planning for another brand tie-up.
Everyone knows what a lollipop is and it goes to every age known in the world. Some countries even call the famous candy as Lolly which now being the centre of Android's next iconic dessert name. The most recent leak which seems to support the name is the screenshot caught from a Nexus device displaying 'L' at the notifications bar for the USB debugging mode.
Sweet and light sponge cakes roughly shaped like large fingers which can be principal ingredients in many dessert recipes such as trifles, charlottes and tiramisu. It is not as popular as lollipop in all age group but the infants benefit from it as being soft enough for teething mouths.
It is a common flavouring ingredient in a wide variety of candies and sweets. Confections with liquorice are primarily purchased by consumers in Europe. In the Netherlands, liquorice candies are called 'drop' which may be sold with aniseed, mint, menthol and laurel. Liquorice candies in Scandinavia feature strong and salty taste. Some concept art designs found online featured Liquorice as Android's next dessert name.
Lemon Meringue Pie
This baked pie has been rumoured before as one of the most eligible names for the next generation Android OS due to its relation with Key Lime Pie that was chosen prior to KitKat. Lemon Meringue Pie existed since the 19th century and records attributed it to Alexander Freshe. Early rumours nominated Lemon Meringue Pie for the next generation Android after KitKat.
It is a popular term for the Crème Caramel dessert in the Philippines based on original flan de leche in Spain. It literally means "milk flan" which primarily made up of condensed milk and egg yolks. Due to its original naming, leche flan may be one of the least possible choices for an Android dessert name.
Unfortunately, Android 5.0 may not feature an iconic dessert name based from another popular candy bar brand since there is virtually no brand name starting in 'L'. But others may be used on future Android version in case Google wants another tie-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices