Avengers: Age of Ultron Black Widow Scarlett Johansson Rides Electric Harley
By Tanya Diente | June 26, 2014 8:22 AM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will not only see Black Widow wearing an electric suit but she will also be riding the first ever electric Harley Davidson as her new vehicle in the sequel.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The motorcycle was spotted a few months ago when some video footage from the set of Joss Whedon's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" was leaked online (video below).
According to geektyrant, in the video footage Black Widow was seen riding around on a slick looking new motorcycle. It turns out that motorcycle is the new electric Harley Davidson called Project LiveWire (more details on the motorcycle on the video below).
Project LiveWire is set to debut in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" as Black Widow's new ride. Of course, it won't actually be Scarlett Johansson herself who gets to ride it but her stunt double, who according to IGN was seen in the video footage doing work on the motorcycle (scene at the 1:21 time mark).
Project LiveWire is the perfect vehicle for Black Widow according to geektyrant.
The Harley Davidson electric motorcycle fits Black Widow's badass personality and looks (see photo from IGN). For sure there would be some scenes in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" where it would showcase the motorcycle with Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow riding it. Probably some blue light effects could also be added to the motorcycle to match it to Black Widow's rumoured updated costume, which is said to be "TRON-like" in style, with blue lights and electricity surrounding the suit.
According to Geektyrant, Harley Davidson's new bike the Project LiveWire offers a quiet electric purr when it's started. The sound only builds after it has started. Also the good thing about Project LiveWire is that it doesn't growl like all the other gas-powered Harley Davidsons.
"This has never been about an electric car," said Mark Hans-Richer, Harley-Davidson's Chief Marketing Officer, in the video embedded below. "This has been about an electric guitar. Expressive, emotional, fun."
According to comicbook, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is not the only movie Harley Davidson has partnered up with for the past years. "Captain America" and the first "Avengers" have also enjoyed a promotional partnership with Harley.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will open in US cinemas on May 1, 2015. It stars Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and Cobie Smulders.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People