Avengers: Age of Ultron Black Widow Scarlett Johansson Rides Electric Harley
By Tanya Diente | June 26, 2014 8:22 AM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will not only see Black Widow wearing an electric suit but she will also be riding the first ever electric Harley Davidson as her new vehicle in the sequel.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The motorcycle was spotted a few months ago when some video footage from the set of Joss Whedon's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" was leaked online (video below).
According to geektyrant, in the video footage Black Widow was seen riding around on a slick looking new motorcycle. It turns out that motorcycle is the new electric Harley Davidson called Project LiveWire (more details on the motorcycle on the video below).
Project LiveWire is set to debut in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" as Black Widow's new ride. Of course, it won't actually be Scarlett Johansson herself who gets to ride it but her stunt double, who according to IGN was seen in the video footage doing work on the motorcycle (scene at the 1:21 time mark).
Project LiveWire is the perfect vehicle for Black Widow according to geektyrant.
The Harley Davidson electric motorcycle fits Black Widow's badass personality and looks (see photo from IGN). For sure there would be some scenes in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" where it would showcase the motorcycle with Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow riding it. Probably some blue light effects could also be added to the motorcycle to match it to Black Widow's rumoured updated costume, which is said to be "TRON-like" in style, with blue lights and electricity surrounding the suit.
According to Geektyrant, Harley Davidson's new bike the Project LiveWire offers a quiet electric purr when it's started. The sound only builds after it has started. Also the good thing about Project LiveWire is that it doesn't growl like all the other gas-powered Harley Davidsons.
"This has never been about an electric car," said Mark Hans-Richer, Harley-Davidson's Chief Marketing Officer, in the video embedded below. "This has been about an electric guitar. Expressive, emotional, fun."
According to comicbook, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is not the only movie Harley Davidson has partnered up with for the past years. "Captain America" and the first "Avengers" have also enjoyed a promotional partnership with Harley.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will open in US cinemas on May 1, 2015. It stars Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and Cobie Smulders.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage