Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Won't Loan Out Striker, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Chelsea will not be loaning out striker Romelu Lukaku amid questions on his future at Stamford Bridge, according to the player's agent Oscar Darmiani Jr.
After spending time at West Brom during the 2012/13 term, the 21-year-old Belgian international proved his worth yet again with Everton last season, tallying 16 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, almost helping the Toffees book a slot in the Champions League with a fifth-place finish.
“Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out." - Oscar Darmiani Jr. on Romelu Lukaku
"Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out," said Damiani.
"He has two years left on his contract and we would normally look at extending it shortly."
The former Anderlecht man has yet to place the ball at the back of the net in the ongoing World Cup, but Damiani is confident that Lukaku will be able to redeem himself.
"Did I see him after the match against Russia? Yeah, he was pretty quiet but he is a player who doesn't have anything to prove," he added.
"Of course, the World Cup is the World Cup. I'm sure he'll bounce back in the next game."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles