Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Won't Loan Out Striker, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Chelsea will not be loaning out striker Romelu Lukaku amid questions on his future at Stamford Bridge, according to the player's agent Oscar Darmiani Jr.
After spending time at West Brom during the 2012/13 term, the 21-year-old Belgian international proved his worth yet again with Everton last season, tallying 16 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, almost helping the Toffees book a slot in the Champions League with a fifth-place finish.
“Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out." - Oscar Darmiani Jr. on Romelu Lukaku
"Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out," said Damiani.
"He has two years left on his contract and we would normally look at extending it shortly."
The former Anderlecht man has yet to place the ball at the back of the net in the ongoing World Cup, but Damiani is confident that Lukaku will be able to redeem himself.
"Did I see him after the match against Russia? Yeah, he was pretty quiet but he is a player who doesn't have anything to prove," he added.
"Of course, the World Cup is the World Cup. I'm sure he'll bounce back in the next game."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015