Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Won't Loan Out Striker, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Chelsea will not be loaning out striker Romelu Lukaku amid questions on his future at Stamford Bridge, according to the player's agent Oscar Darmiani Jr.
After spending time at West Brom during the 2012/13 term, the 21-year-old Belgian international proved his worth yet again with Everton last season, tallying 16 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, almost helping the Toffees book a slot in the Champions League with a fifth-place finish.
“Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out." - Oscar Darmiani Jr. on Romelu Lukaku
"Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out," said Damiani.
"He has two years left on his contract and we would normally look at extending it shortly."
The former Anderlecht man has yet to place the ball at the back of the net in the ongoing World Cup, but Damiani is confident that Lukaku will be able to redeem himself.
"Did I see him after the match against Russia? Yeah, he was pretty quiet but he is a player who doesn't have anything to prove," he added.
"Of course, the World Cup is the World Cup. I'm sure he'll bounce back in the next game."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone