Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Won't Loan Out Striker, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Chelsea will not be loaning out striker Romelu Lukaku amid questions on his future at Stamford Bridge, according to the player's agent Oscar Darmiani Jr.
After spending time at West Brom during the 2012/13 term, the 21-year-old Belgian international proved his worth yet again with Everton last season, tallying 16 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, almost helping the Toffees book a slot in the Champions League with a fifth-place finish.
“Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out." - Oscar Darmiani Jr. on Romelu Lukaku
"Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out," said Damiani.
"He has two years left on his contract and we would normally look at extending it shortly."
The former Anderlecht man has yet to place the ball at the back of the net in the ongoing World Cup, but Damiani is confident that Lukaku will be able to redeem himself.
"Did I see him after the match against Russia? Yeah, he was pretty quiet but he is a player who doesn't have anything to prove," he added.
"Of course, the World Cup is the World Cup. I'm sure he'll bounce back in the next game."
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS