Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Won't Loan Out Striker, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Chelsea will not be loaning out striker Romelu Lukaku amid questions on his future at Stamford Bridge, according to the player's agent Oscar Darmiani Jr.
After spending time at West Brom during the 2012/13 term, the 21-year-old Belgian international proved his worth yet again with Everton last season, tallying 16 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, almost helping the Toffees book a slot in the Champions League with a fifth-place finish.
“Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out." - Oscar Darmiani Jr. on Romelu Lukaku
"Chelsea doesn't want to loan him out," said Damiani.
"He has two years left on his contract and we would normally look at extending it shortly."
The former Anderlecht man has yet to place the ball at the back of the net in the ongoing World Cup, but Damiani is confident that Lukaku will be able to redeem himself.
"Did I see him after the match against Russia? Yeah, he was pretty quiet but he is a player who doesn't have anything to prove," he added.
"Of course, the World Cup is the World Cup. I'm sure he'll bounce back in the next game."
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia