Viral Video: Queen Elizabeth Visits 'Game of Thrones' Set in Belfast
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 25, 2014 11:50 PM EST
Queen Elizabeth has met face-to-face the fantasy royal family at the "Game of Thrones" set in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Her visit was captured in a video and uploaded on YouTube.
Britain's Queen Elizabeth looks at the Iron Throne as she meets members of the cast on the set of the television series Game of Thrones in the Titanic Quarter of Belfast, Northern Ireland, June 24, 2014.
Within a day, the video already generated over 62,000 views and still counting. The 1.02-minute long video showed the Queen and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, guided by the "Game of Thrones" show runner David Benioff and writer and producer, Daniel Weiss, around the Paint Hall Studio and the Titanic Quarter.
The 88-year-old monarch met the set designers and makers of the show's props and costumes. She also came in contact with the "Game of Thrones" actors Kit Harrington, who played the role of Jon Snow, Maisie Williams, who played the role of Arya Stark, Conleth Hill, who played the role of Lord Varys, and Sophie Tuner, who played the role of Sansa Stark.
The Queen was also guided through the armory where the various swords were kept and the costume designs and storage used in the HBO show. She was also shown through the expansive set used to shoot for the production interior scenes and dangerous ice-cliff climbs.
At one point in the video, Queen Elizabeth was also seen looking at the Iron Throne, which was supposedly full of counterfeit swords of defeated warriors. But unlike other visitors to the "Game of Thrones" set, the queen chose not to sit on the Iron Throne. Instead, she was presented with a miniature version of the famous seat as a keepsake.
According to Associated Press, Queen Elizabeth's tour at the "Game of Thrones" set was one of the seven events scheduled on the second day of her three-day visit to Northern Ireland. UK's ceremonial head of state now travel with greater openness after two decades of relative peace in the region.
The queen complimented the leaders of the Irish Catholics and the British Protestants who have previously been rivals for initiating the a government unity in 2007.
"We have learned a lot in those years about ourselves, each other, and how societies can only grow and flourish if they are built on trust, respect, justice and interdependence," Queen Elizabeth said.
Meanwhile, HBO's "Game of Thrones," which was known for its violent scenes and frequent nudity had been filmed in Northern Ireland since 2009 and has largely contributed to the country's economy for the last half decade. The set had created thousands of jobs for the local residents and have forge tourism in the region.
The critically-acclaimed fantasy drama, "Game of Thrones," already concluded the fourth season while the fifth and sixth seasons are on its way.
Watch Queen Elizabeth's Visit to the "Game of Thrones" set in Belfast from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border