Premier League News: Man City Midfielder Blames Club for Failing to be with His Demised Brother
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:42 PM EST
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure blames the Sky Blues' officials for not letting take a time off to be with his brother, Ibrahim, before the latter died.
The younger Toure, 28, was diagnosed with cancer and only managed to lived a short span of time after the disease was discovered.
“At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.” - Yaya Toure
"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days," said the 31-year-old former Barcelona man.
"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me."
"However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline. This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season, because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life."
Questions and speculations rise anew with regard to Toure's future at Eastlands, as he has grown to be seemingly unhappy with the way his club has been treating him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Signs Using Odom’s Surname; Source Reveals Khloe Still ‘Proud’ Of Being Called Mrs. Odom