FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca Signs Chile No. 1
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:09 PM EST
FC Barcelona have recently announced the signing of Chile no. 1 Claudio Bravo on their official club website.
The Chilean skipper, who is putting up an impressive performance at the ongoing World Cup, has been with La Liga outfit Real Sociedad for eight seasons, gaining invaluable experiences and leadership skills.
FC Barcelona signs Chile and Real Sociedad goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (L)
"FC Barcelona and Real Sociedad have reached an agreement for the transfer of goalkeeper Claudio Bravo," the statement read.
"Claudio Bravo will sign a contract with FC Barcelona for the next four seasons."
Sources suggest that the Catalan side paid £10million for securing the signature of the 31-year-old.
The former Colo-Colo man is the second goalkeeper that Barca have acquired this offseason, after snatching Borussia Monchengladbach ace Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
"Claudio Bravo is noted for his calmness between the posts, his leadership skills, and lots of agility," the statement added.
"At Real Sociedad he became one of the natural leaders of a team that in recent years have done really well in La Liga."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery