FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca Signs Chile No. 1
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:09 PM EST
FC Barcelona have recently announced the signing of Chile no. 1 Claudio Bravo on their official club website.
The Chilean skipper, who is putting up an impressive performance at the ongoing World Cup, has been with La Liga outfit Real Sociedad for eight seasons, gaining invaluable experiences and leadership skills.
FC Barcelona signs Chile and Real Sociedad goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (L)
"FC Barcelona and Real Sociedad have reached an agreement for the transfer of goalkeeper Claudio Bravo," the statement read.
"Claudio Bravo will sign a contract with FC Barcelona for the next four seasons."
Sources suggest that the Catalan side paid £10million for securing the signature of the 31-year-old.
The former Colo-Colo man is the second goalkeeper that Barca have acquired this offseason, after snatching Borussia Monchengladbach ace Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
"Claudio Bravo is noted for his calmness between the posts, his leadership skills, and lots of agility," the statement added.
"At Real Sociedad he became one of the natural leaders of a team that in recent years have done really well in La Liga."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen