FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca Signs Chile No. 1
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 11:09 PM EST
FC Barcelona have recently announced the signing of Chile no. 1 Claudio Bravo on their official club website.
The Chilean skipper, who is putting up an impressive performance at the ongoing World Cup, has been with La Liga outfit Real Sociedad for eight seasons, gaining invaluable experiences and leadership skills.
FC Barcelona signs Chile and Real Sociedad goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (L)
"FC Barcelona and Real Sociedad have reached an agreement for the transfer of goalkeeper Claudio Bravo," the statement read.
"Claudio Bravo will sign a contract with FC Barcelona for the next four seasons."
Sources suggest that the Catalan side paid £10million for securing the signature of the 31-year-old.
The former Colo-Colo man is the second goalkeeper that Barca have acquired this offseason, after snatching Borussia Monchengladbach ace Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
"Claudio Bravo is noted for his calmness between the posts, his leadership skills, and lots of agility," the statement added.
"At Real Sociedad he became one of the natural leaders of a team that in recent years have done really well in La Liga."
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season