2014 World Cup Preview: Iran vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina Live Streaming Info
By James Patrick Quizon | June 25, 2014 10:41 PM EST
Iran has a chance to make history on Thursday (AEDT) when they face Bosnia-Herzegovina at the Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador, Brazil. With a win over their Group F rivals and a loss by Nigeria in their last match, Team Melli will advance to the Round of 16 for the first time in any World Cup.
Iran's coach Carlos Queiroz (C, facing camera) gestures as he speaks to his players during a visit at the Arena Fonte Nova stadium ahead of their 2014 World Cup against Bosnia and Herzegovina in Salvador, June 24, 2014.
Iran has appeared in the World Cup a total of three times before and they have never survived the group stages in 1978 (Argentina), 1998 (France) and 2006 (Germany). In 2014, they have a chance to advance to the KO round if they can get favourable results in their game and the other Group F game between Nigeria and Argentina.
"Hopefully this third match will bring another step up. We'll definitely be going for goals and we still have a chance to go through, I'm sure of that. What we need to do is take the good things we've done so far, improve a little bit in other areas and give everything to beat Bosnia. If we do that - and I think it's a game we can win - we can still qualify,” said Iran’s Ashkan Dejagah to FIFA.COM
In the eventuality that Iran and Argentina finish with four points apiece after group play, the following will be considered to break the tie (in this order); goal difference, number of goals scored and head-to-head records.
If Iran beats Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1-0l and Argentina triumphs over Nigeria by the same margin, both Iran and Argentina will have 4 points earned in the group stage; same goal difference and a tied head-to-head record. In this case, FIFA will flip a coin to decide which squad will make the last 16
"We didn't come here to win the trophy, nobody expected that from Iran, but we raised our expectations and we raised our dreams. We want to play the match with one goal in mind - to fulfil our dream of reaching the last 16,” added Iran’s coach Carlos Queiroz. “This is our World Cup final, it's as simple as that”
A draw with Zmajevi will mean Team Melli’s elimination from the tournament and a win or by Nigeria against Argentina will also mean Iran’s ouster.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase