Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Goalkeeper 'Calm' About Future
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina remains calm about his future as he heads back to Anfield, where his first-team involvement is anything but sorted out, after spending a year with Serie A side Napoli.
“I don’t know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that." - Pepe Reina
The unsettled shot-stopper helped the Partenopei secure a spot in the Champions League, featuring 30 times in Italy's top-flight, while only conceding 29 goals.
"I don't know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that. I have two years left on my Liverpool contract and the situation is the same as a month ago," the 31-year-old told The Guardian.
"I've not spoken to Rodgers and I don't know what they think but I have a contract and in the end that is what counts. I have to join up with Liverpool and there's nothing more I can do."
He mentioned in the past that he would love to extend his stint at the Stadio San Paolo, but unfortunately for him, he needs to head back to England.
"I said goodbye to Rafa at the end of the season and he knows the conditions that exist," he added.
"At the moment things are like that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best