Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Goalkeeper 'Calm' About Future
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina remains calm about his future as he heads back to Anfield, where his first-team involvement is anything but sorted out, after spending a year with Serie A side Napoli.
“I don’t know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that." - Pepe Reina
The unsettled shot-stopper helped the Partenopei secure a spot in the Champions League, featuring 30 times in Italy's top-flight, while only conceding 29 goals.
"I don't know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that. I have two years left on my Liverpool contract and the situation is the same as a month ago," the 31-year-old told The Guardian.
"I've not spoken to Rodgers and I don't know what they think but I have a contract and in the end that is what counts. I have to join up with Liverpool and there's nothing more I can do."
He mentioned in the past that he would love to extend his stint at the Stadio San Paolo, but unfortunately for him, he needs to head back to England.
"I said goodbye to Rafa at the end of the season and he knows the conditions that exist," he added.
"At the moment things are like that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery