Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Goalkeeper 'Calm' About Future
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina remains calm about his future as he heads back to Anfield, where his first-team involvement is anything but sorted out, after spending a year with Serie A side Napoli.
“I don’t know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that." - Pepe Reina
The unsettled shot-stopper helped the Partenopei secure a spot in the Champions League, featuring 30 times in Italy's top-flight, while only conceding 29 goals.
"I don't know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that. I have two years left on my Liverpool contract and the situation is the same as a month ago," the 31-year-old told The Guardian.
"I've not spoken to Rodgers and I don't know what they think but I have a contract and in the end that is what counts. I have to join up with Liverpool and there's nothing more I can do."
He mentioned in the past that he would love to extend his stint at the Stadio San Paolo, but unfortunately for him, he needs to head back to England.
"I said goodbye to Rafa at the end of the season and he knows the conditions that exist," he added.
"At the moment things are like that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar