Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Goalkeeper 'Calm' About Future
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 25, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina remains calm about his future as he heads back to Anfield, where his first-team involvement is anything but sorted out, after spending a year with Serie A side Napoli.
“I don’t know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that." - Pepe Reina
The unsettled shot-stopper helped the Partenopei secure a spot in the Champions League, featuring 30 times in Italy's top-flight, while only conceding 29 goals.
"I don't know about my future. I want to be calm about it and there are people who are working on that. I have two years left on my Liverpool contract and the situation is the same as a month ago," the 31-year-old told The Guardian.
"I've not spoken to Rodgers and I don't know what they think but I have a contract and in the end that is what counts. I have to join up with Liverpool and there's nothing more I can do."
He mentioned in the past that he would love to extend his stint at the Stadio San Paolo, but unfortunately for him, he needs to head back to England.
"I said goodbye to Rafa at the end of the season and he knows the conditions that exist," he added.
"At the moment things are like that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS