Orange is the New Black Season 3: Alex Vause to Return but Future Uncertain for Larry
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 25, 2014 8:44 PM EST
It is confirmed that Laura Prepon is returning as series regular in the new season, and thus Alex Vause will be seen in all the episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. She was seen in a limited number of episodes in Season 2. However, there is uncertainty surrounding one of the most disliked characters of Season 2, Larry.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Alex is returning to play a bigger role, once again, but the fate of Larry remains uncertain. Jason Biggs, who plays Larry, has yet to join the cast for the filming of Season 3, which is currently going on.
The actor said to Entertainment Weekly, "It's very unclear at this point, even for me if Larry will be a part of season 3. I have not shot anything yet, no."
Prepon could not do all the episodes of Season 2 because of scheduling conflict. "Jenji Kohan and I wanted me to be in it more, but with the schedule, it didn't happen," Prepon said to US WEEKLY at the Critics' Choice awards. "I was so bummed out. But I handled it, so I'm in every [episode] in season three. It is so good."
At the Critics' Choice Awards, the show won the best comedy series award, beating the hugely popular "The Big Bang Theory."
The premiere episode of "Orange is the New Black" put Piper Chapman and Vause in a different prison, with a bunch of new inmates. They were transferred to a prison in Chicago to testify against Vause's former drug dealer boss. Prepon said to Entertainment Weekly that the premiere episode of Season 3 will feature "everybody" unlike Season 2 premiere episode.
Also, Matt McGorry, who plays John Bennett, will be returning in Season 3. There were speculations about his signing on for Season 3, as the actor has a role in ABC's upcoming new show "How to Get Away With Murder."
The actor said: "I'm in season 3 as well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon