Orange is the New Black Season 3: Alex Vause to Return but Future Uncertain for Larry
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 25, 2014 8:44 PM EST
It is confirmed that Laura Prepon is returning as series regular in the new season, and thus Alex Vause will be seen in all the episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. She was seen in a limited number of episodes in Season 2. However, there is uncertainty surrounding one of the most disliked characters of Season 2, Larry.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Alex is returning to play a bigger role, once again, but the fate of Larry remains uncertain. Jason Biggs, who plays Larry, has yet to join the cast for the filming of Season 3, which is currently going on.
The actor said to Entertainment Weekly, "It's very unclear at this point, even for me if Larry will be a part of season 3. I have not shot anything yet, no."
Prepon could not do all the episodes of Season 2 because of scheduling conflict. "Jenji Kohan and I wanted me to be in it more, but with the schedule, it didn't happen," Prepon said to US WEEKLY at the Critics' Choice awards. "I was so bummed out. But I handled it, so I'm in every [episode] in season three. It is so good."
At the Critics' Choice Awards, the show won the best comedy series award, beating the hugely popular "The Big Bang Theory."
The premiere episode of "Orange is the New Black" put Piper Chapman and Vause in a different prison, with a bunch of new inmates. They were transferred to a prison in Chicago to testify against Vause's former drug dealer boss. Prepon said to Entertainment Weekly that the premiere episode of Season 3 will feature "everybody" unlike Season 2 premiere episode.
Also, Matt McGorry, who plays John Bennett, will be returning in Season 3. There were speculations about his signing on for Season 3, as the actor has a role in ABC's upcoming new show "How to Get Away With Murder."
The actor said: "I'm in season 3 as well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop