Orange is the New Black Season 3: Alex Vause to Return but Future Uncertain for Larry
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 25, 2014 8:44 PM EST
It is confirmed that Laura Prepon is returning as series regular in the new season, and thus Alex Vause will be seen in all the episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. She was seen in a limited number of episodes in Season 2. However, there is uncertainty surrounding one of the most disliked characters of Season 2, Larry.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Alex is returning to play a bigger role, once again, but the fate of Larry remains uncertain. Jason Biggs, who plays Larry, has yet to join the cast for the filming of Season 3, which is currently going on.
The actor said to Entertainment Weekly, "It's very unclear at this point, even for me if Larry will be a part of season 3. I have not shot anything yet, no."
Prepon could not do all the episodes of Season 2 because of scheduling conflict. "Jenji Kohan and I wanted me to be in it more, but with the schedule, it didn't happen," Prepon said to US WEEKLY at the Critics' Choice awards. "I was so bummed out. But I handled it, so I'm in every [episode] in season three. It is so good."
At the Critics' Choice Awards, the show won the best comedy series award, beating the hugely popular "The Big Bang Theory."
The premiere episode of "Orange is the New Black" put Piper Chapman and Vause in a different prison, with a bunch of new inmates. They were transferred to a prison in Chicago to testify against Vause's former drug dealer boss. Prepon said to Entertainment Weekly that the premiere episode of Season 3 will feature "everybody" unlike Season 2 premiere episode.
Also, Matt McGorry, who plays John Bennett, will be returning in Season 3. There were speculations about his signing on for Season 3, as the actor has a role in ABC's upcoming new show "How to Get Away With Murder."
The actor said: "I'm in season 3 as well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown