Orange is the New Black Season 3: Alex Vause to Return but Future Uncertain for Larry
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 25, 2014 8:44 PM EST
It is confirmed that Laura Prepon is returning as series regular in the new season, and thus Alex Vause will be seen in all the episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. She was seen in a limited number of episodes in Season 2. However, there is uncertainty surrounding one of the most disliked characters of Season 2, Larry.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Alex is returning to play a bigger role, once again, but the fate of Larry remains uncertain. Jason Biggs, who plays Larry, has yet to join the cast for the filming of Season 3, which is currently going on.
The actor said to Entertainment Weekly, "It's very unclear at this point, even for me if Larry will be a part of season 3. I have not shot anything yet, no."
Prepon could not do all the episodes of Season 2 because of scheduling conflict. "Jenji Kohan and I wanted me to be in it more, but with the schedule, it didn't happen," Prepon said to US WEEKLY at the Critics' Choice awards. "I was so bummed out. But I handled it, so I'm in every [episode] in season three. It is so good."
At the Critics' Choice Awards, the show won the best comedy series award, beating the hugely popular "The Big Bang Theory."
The premiere episode of "Orange is the New Black" put Piper Chapman and Vause in a different prison, with a bunch of new inmates. They were transferred to a prison in Chicago to testify against Vause's former drug dealer boss. Prepon said to Entertainment Weekly that the premiere episode of Season 3 will feature "everybody" unlike Season 2 premiere episode.
Also, Matt McGorry, who plays John Bennett, will be returning in Season 3. There were speculations about his signing on for Season 3, as the actor has a role in ABC's upcoming new show "How to Get Away With Murder."
The actor said: "I'm in season 3 as well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance