5 Reasons Sia Furler Deserves Second APRA Songwriter of the Year Award
June 25, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Sia Furler has recently won her second Songwriter of the Year Award at the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) Awards in Brisbane.
Singer Sia performs at the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) gala in New York June 17, 2014. U.S. President Barack Obama spoke after Sia performed.
APRA is a group consisting of talented publishers and songwriters who gather to recognize and train talent in the industry. Furler is better known as "Sia" and is the genius behind some of the biggest hits in the music industry, most notably the song "Titanium" with David Guetta. She also won Songwriter of the Year in 2013.
Here's why she absolutely deserves a second recognition:
1. She wrote songs for famous celebrities.
Part of the list of people whom Sia wrote songs were for Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Kylie Minogue and Rihanna. Other artists that she worked with in the past included Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Flo Rida, David Guetta, Eminem, Christina Aguilera, Shakira and Leona Lewis. Sia is half of the reason why these big female stars won awards.
2. She encompasses different music genres.
Sia is very versatile when it comes to songwriting and does not limit herself to one genre. She has written pop, jazz, downtempo and disco songs, and collaborated with rappers, classical performers and tech artists.
3. She also sings very well.
Sia has a single, "Taken for Granted," which was a top 10 hit in the UK. She areleased an album in 2008 titled, "Some People Have Real Problems," which reached the low 50s in the Billboard 200--but in the list, still.
4. She is into causes that matter.
Furler is a vegetarian and an avid supporter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). She also joined other celebrities to support "Oscar's Law" campaign. She is also bisexual and was nominated as one of the 25 most influential bisexuals in Australia.
5. Her family is also musically inclined.
Sia's parents, Phil Colson and Loene Furler, were members of The Soda Jerx, a rockabilly band. Her father is a composer and band leader while her mother is a musician and songwriter. She is indeed a woman of many talents having the right background to deserve her second APRA Award in a row. How dorable she really looks.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet