5 Reasons Sia Furler Deserves Second APRA Songwriter of the Year Award
June 25, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Sia Furler has recently won her second Songwriter of the Year Award at the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) Awards in Brisbane.
Singer Sia performs at the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) gala in New York June 17, 2014. U.S. President Barack Obama spoke after Sia performed.
APRA is a group consisting of talented publishers and songwriters who gather to recognize and train talent in the industry. Furler is better known as "Sia" and is the genius behind some of the biggest hits in the music industry, most notably the song "Titanium" with David Guetta. She also won Songwriter of the Year in 2013.
Here's why she absolutely deserves a second recognition:
1. She wrote songs for famous celebrities.
Part of the list of people whom Sia wrote songs were for Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Kylie Minogue and Rihanna. Other artists that she worked with in the past included Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Flo Rida, David Guetta, Eminem, Christina Aguilera, Shakira and Leona Lewis. Sia is half of the reason why these big female stars won awards.
2. She encompasses different music genres.
Sia is very versatile when it comes to songwriting and does not limit herself to one genre. She has written pop, jazz, downtempo and disco songs, and collaborated with rappers, classical performers and tech artists.
3. She also sings very well.
Sia has a single, "Taken for Granted," which was a top 10 hit in the UK. She areleased an album in 2008 titled, "Some People Have Real Problems," which reached the low 50s in the Billboard 200--but in the list, still.
4. She is into causes that matter.
Furler is a vegetarian and an avid supporter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). She also joined other celebrities to support "Oscar's Law" campaign. She is also bisexual and was nominated as one of the 25 most influential bisexuals in Australia.
5. Her family is also musically inclined.
Sia's parents, Phil Colson and Loene Furler, were members of The Soda Jerx, a rockabilly band. Her father is a composer and band leader while her mother is a musician and songwriter. She is indeed a woman of many talents having the right background to deserve her second APRA Award in a row. How dorable she really looks.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories