Update Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) with I9500XXUFNE7 Android 4.4.2 Stock Firmware
By Precious Silva | June 25, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 owners particularly with model number GT-I9500 Exynos Octa can now update their devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via stock firmware I9500XXUFNE7. The update promises to bring a range of improvements including bug fixes. Similar to other roll outs of Samsung, the release comes in stages. Some users can update earlier than others. Users have to wait until the release in their region.
A person holds a Samsung Galaxy S4 displaying a Twitter error message in front of Turkish national flag in this illustration taken in Zenica, March 21, 2014. Turkey's courts have blocked access to Twitter a little over a week before elections as Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan battles a corruption scandal that has seen social media awash with alleged evidence of government wrongdoing. The ban came hours after a defiant Erdogan, on the campaign trail ahead of key March 30 local elections, vowed to "wipe out" Twitter and said he did not care what the international community had to say about it.
Samsung Galaxy S4 owners can access the update through Over-the Air and via Samsung KIEs for different regions across the globe. As for those who have not received the OTA update notification yet and cannot access Samsung's KIES suite, they can also update manually. According to SamMobile, details of the firmware are as follows:
Model name: GALAXY S4
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Wed, 28 May 2014 14:23:46 +0000
Product Code: SER
Disclaimer: The firmware is unbranded therefore Galaxy S4 variants across the globe can install it so long as the device is unlocked. It is available to unlocked international Exynos Octa of the S4. Providers of the update cannot be held responsible for what happens to the device following installation. Users can update at their own risk.
Installation pre-requisites are as follows:
-Samsung Galaxy S4 GTI9500 drivers
-Enabled Debugging Mode
-Device should be factory unlocked.
-Battery should be at least 80 percent charged.
Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNE7 firmware works with Galaxy S4 Exynos Octa (GT-I9500), attempting another variant may lead to bricked device.
-Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNE7 stock firmware for Galaxy S4
1. Extract the files from the Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNE7 firmware zip. Next files from the Odin package as well.
2. Turn off the Galaxy S4 device and switch to Download Mode. Do this by pressing and holding these buttons: Home, Power and Volume Down. Wait for the Android icon to show. Tap the power button to proceed.
3. Run Odin as Administrator.
4. Connect the device to the computer through USB cable. Wait for Odin to detect the device and indicate "Added." The ID:COM box will also turn blue displaying the COM port number. Reinstall if there is no added message.
5. Under Odin, tap on the AP button and choose .tar.md5 extension.
6. Under Odin, choose Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Make sure the re-partition choice is unchecked.
7. Tap on start to proceed with installation.
8. Wait for the PASS message to appear on the left-most corner of Odin. Wait for the handset to reboot to home screen before disconnecting from the computer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast