KFC Says No Proof 3-Year-Old Scarred Girl Was Told to Leave Store, Still Honouring $30K Donation
By Anne Lu | June 25, 2014 4:58 PM EST
KFC has concluded that the story about the little girl who was kicked out of its store for apparently scaring other customers with her scarred face did not happen. However, the fast food joint said that it will still honour the pledge it made to donate U$30,000 towards three-year-old Victoria Wilcher’s medical bills.
Earlier in June, Victoria’s grandmother, Kelly Mullins, claimed that a KFC staff asked them to leave the store because the girl’s face is scaring other customers. Victoria was attacked by her grandfather’s three pit bulls in April, which left her with scarred and partly paralysed face. She also lost her right eye from the attack.
KFC apologised to Victoria and her family, saying its franchise had hired an independent investigator to probe the. It also donated U$30,000 to help with Victoria’s medical bills.
However, sources told Laurel Leader-Call that the investigation found no evidence of the said incident ever occurring. KFC would not comment on the investigation until it was completed, though.
READ: Story of 3-Year-Old Scarred Girl Being Kicked Out of KFC Just A Hoax: Report
Franchise Hannon Food Services said that the investigation has concluded after reviewing hundreds of hours of surveillance videos at the KFC restaurant on Woodrow Wilson Drive in Jackson, Mississippi.
“As of today, neither Hannon Food Services nor the outside firm involved in the consultation has found any evidence to verify that the incident took place at our restaurant on Woodrow Wilson drive. Nevertheless, we’ll continue to exhaust every possible avenue until we’re absolutely sure we have all the facts,” reads a statement issued by the company to 16 WAPT News on Tuesday,
Franchise owner Mitch Hannon added, “We feel terrible for Victoria and pray for her full and complete recovery, but at the same time I am relieved to know that nobody that worked for our company mistreated her in any way or said what was alleged.
“It did not happen and I am relieved to know that it didn’t.”
The company’s headquarters will still honour the U$30,000 donation it made to the family, though.
Over U$135,000 in donation has been sent by people all over the world to Victoria’s family after hearing the story. The family also received offers of free plastic surgery and prosthetic eye from medical professionals.
The Facebook page “Victoria’s Victories,” set up by Victoria’s aunt Teri Rials Bates, has now been taken down.
Before it was dismantled, the family has posted a message denying reports that the incident was a hoax.
Attorney William S. Kellum III, representing Victoria’s family, told 16 WAPT News in an email, “It is unfortunate that Victoria and her family are being vilified on what appears to be the result of an inconclusive investigation conducted by KFC and/or its agents that implies Victoria’s story is a ‘hoax.’
“It is deeply disappointing that other parties have taken opportunity to attack Victoria through social media and news media outlets. Victoria is an innocent child with very real physical and emotional scars. The focus of her family has always been, and will always be on Victoria and making her whole again.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Centerplate CEO Des Hague Caught Abusing Dog In Vancouver Building Elevator [VIDEO]
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- 'Boob Aid': Japanese Porn Stars 'Excited' For 24HR Breasts Squeezing Charity
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique