Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Where Tyrion Lannister is Going
By Sachin Trivedi | June 25, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Perhaps the biggest question on the minds of "Game of Thrones" fans is, where is Tyrion Lannister going in season 5? Here is what to expect next from the character as he makes a journey on a ship. Spoiler Alert.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
In the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 finale Tyrion Lannister boarded a ship arranged by Varys. Fans who have been following the series from season 1 will remember that Varys seems to be in favour of Daenerys Targaryen taking the Iron Throne.
According to the books "A Song of Ice and Fire" written by George R. R. Martin, Tyrion Lannister will travel far and have many adventures of his own. Fans have seen him thrive when he is left alone. There was precious little for Tyrion to do in season 4 but the upcoming season will change that.
Tyrion Lannister is headed to the city of Pentos, the same place where Daenerys and her brother were first seen in season 1. The choice before Tyrion in "Game of Thrones" Season 5 is to whether or not to join Daenerys Targaryen.
On the ship Tyrion will take the name Hugor Hill also known as Yollo. He invents details about the life of this fictional person to hide his true identity. Hugor is a bastard born in Lannisport. Fans can also expect to learn more about the history of Valyria and discover a new game called Cyvasse.
Tyrion will meet new people on the boat, some who are important in the story line. The long journey may also let the viewers see some giant turtles, if the producers of "Game of Thrones" Season 5 choose to show them.
Readers will remember Prince Oberyn Martell repeatedly asking about the dead children of Prince Rhaegar in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. Viewers will discover that the son of Prince Rhaegar is alive and is being trained by Rhaegar's friend and a former Hand of the king Jon Connington.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 will also feature some strange creatures called The Stone Men. Tyrion will barely escape death once again but will safely reach Pentos. He will also meet Jorah Mormont, who is desperate to get back in the good graces of Daenerys Targaryen.
Star Wars Episode 7: Top 5 Burning Plot Challenges the Producers Face [Read]
Maleficent Crosses $500M, Angelina Jolie 'Best Box Office Performance' Ever [Read]
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Never Before Seen Action in Final Trailer [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage