Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Where Tyrion Lannister is Going
By Sachin Trivedi | June 25, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Perhaps the biggest question on the minds of "Game of Thrones" fans is, where is Tyrion Lannister going in season 5? Here is what to expect next from the character as he makes a journey on a ship. Spoiler Alert.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
In the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 finale Tyrion Lannister boarded a ship arranged by Varys. Fans who have been following the series from season 1 will remember that Varys seems to be in favour of Daenerys Targaryen taking the Iron Throne.
According to the books "A Song of Ice and Fire" written by George R. R. Martin, Tyrion Lannister will travel far and have many adventures of his own. Fans have seen him thrive when he is left alone. There was precious little for Tyrion to do in season 4 but the upcoming season will change that.
Tyrion Lannister is headed to the city of Pentos, the same place where Daenerys and her brother were first seen in season 1. The choice before Tyrion in "Game of Thrones" Season 5 is to whether or not to join Daenerys Targaryen.
On the ship Tyrion will take the name Hugor Hill also known as Yollo. He invents details about the life of this fictional person to hide his true identity. Hugor is a bastard born in Lannisport. Fans can also expect to learn more about the history of Valyria and discover a new game called Cyvasse.
Tyrion will meet new people on the boat, some who are important in the story line. The long journey may also let the viewers see some giant turtles, if the producers of "Game of Thrones" Season 5 choose to show them.
Readers will remember Prince Oberyn Martell repeatedly asking about the dead children of Prince Rhaegar in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. Viewers will discover that the son of Prince Rhaegar is alive and is being trained by Rhaegar's friend and a former Hand of the king Jon Connington.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 will also feature some strange creatures called The Stone Men. Tyrion will barely escape death once again but will safely reach Pentos. He will also meet Jorah Mormont, who is desperate to get back in the good graces of Daenerys Targaryen.
Star Wars Episode 7: Top 5 Burning Plot Challenges the Producers Face [Read]
Maleficent Crosses $500M, Angelina Jolie 'Best Box Office Performance' Ever [Read]
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Never Before Seen Action in Final Trailer [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop