5 Things LeBron James Can do as Free Agent
June 25, 2014 3:56 PM EST
NBA Superstar LeBron James is set to make "The Decision Part 2" as he enters free agency in July 1. He recently forwarded his plans toward his final year from the Miami Heat to seek greener pastures and better roster.
Miami Heat's LeBron James (L) looks to pass around San Antonio Spurs' Kawhi Leonard (R) and Tony Parker of France during the second quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
"King James," apparently, wanted to win more championship rings and he can only do so by leaving the aging Dwyane Wade and the troubled Chris Bosh. Here are five things he can do in the meantime:
1. Build another "Big 3" or 4 or 5.
LeBron can start window shopping for potential NBA teams to play with. If he joins the Houston Rockets, he can make another Big 3 with Harden and Dwight Howard. He can even return to Cleveland to play with Kyrie Irving and the no. 1 draft pick for 2014.
2. Say sorry again.
He can apologize to the Miami fans that he will be leaving behind as he looks for another team that will prove to be competitive in the playoffs. He did the same to Cleveland four years ago.
3. Go home.
Many NBA fans have longed for the prodigal son to return to his hometown Cleveland, Ohio. It is probably high time that people stop hating James for leaving in the first place. His wife Savannah was the center of speculation recently after posting a cryptic photo on Instagram with the word "Akron." Akron, Ohio is the hometown of both LeBron and his wife, fuelling rumours that perhaps he is eyeing a return to the Cavaliers.
4. Sell his Miami real estate.
He can start selling his properties and valuables in Miami and start building a new home in the city he wishes. King James might currently be on the lookout for an agent to sell his mansion.
5. Work on his ball handling skills.
LeBron is in a league of his own, usually tagged as a "point forward." He is strong, big and fast. He still needs to work on his ball handling skills though. A quick course with Blake Griffin or DeMarcus Cousins might do the trick.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen