5 Things LeBron James Can do as Free Agent
June 25, 2014 3:56 PM EST
NBA Superstar LeBron James is set to make "The Decision Part 2" as he enters free agency in July 1. He recently forwarded his plans toward his final year from the Miami Heat to seek greener pastures and better roster.
Miami Heat's LeBron James (L) looks to pass around San Antonio Spurs' Kawhi Leonard (R) and Tony Parker of France during the second quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
"King James," apparently, wanted to win more championship rings and he can only do so by leaving the aging Dwyane Wade and the troubled Chris Bosh. Here are five things he can do in the meantime:
1. Build another "Big 3" or 4 or 5.
LeBron can start window shopping for potential NBA teams to play with. If he joins the Houston Rockets, he can make another Big 3 with Harden and Dwight Howard. He can even return to Cleveland to play with Kyrie Irving and the no. 1 draft pick for 2014.
2. Say sorry again.
He can apologize to the Miami fans that he will be leaving behind as he looks for another team that will prove to be competitive in the playoffs. He did the same to Cleveland four years ago.
3. Go home.
Many NBA fans have longed for the prodigal son to return to his hometown Cleveland, Ohio. It is probably high time that people stop hating James for leaving in the first place. His wife Savannah was the center of speculation recently after posting a cryptic photo on Instagram with the word "Akron." Akron, Ohio is the hometown of both LeBron and his wife, fuelling rumours that perhaps he is eyeing a return to the Cavaliers.
4. Sell his Miami real estate.
He can start selling his properties and valuables in Miami and start building a new home in the city he wishes. King James might currently be on the lookout for an agent to sell his mansion.
5. Work on his ball handling skills.
LeBron is in a league of his own, usually tagged as a "point forward." He is strong, big and fast. He still needs to work on his ball handling skills though. A quick course with Blake Griffin or DeMarcus Cousins might do the trick.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble