5 Things LeBron James Can do as Free Agent
June 25, 2014 3:56 PM EST
NBA Superstar LeBron James is set to make "The Decision Part 2" as he enters free agency in July 1. He recently forwarded his plans toward his final year from the Miami Heat to seek greener pastures and better roster.
Miami Heat's LeBron James (L) looks to pass around San Antonio Spurs' Kawhi Leonard (R) and Tony Parker of France during the second quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
"King James," apparently, wanted to win more championship rings and he can only do so by leaving the aging Dwyane Wade and the troubled Chris Bosh. Here are five things he can do in the meantime:
1. Build another "Big 3" or 4 or 5.
LeBron can start window shopping for potential NBA teams to play with. If he joins the Houston Rockets, he can make another Big 3 with Harden and Dwight Howard. He can even return to Cleveland to play with Kyrie Irving and the no. 1 draft pick for 2014.
2. Say sorry again.
He can apologize to the Miami fans that he will be leaving behind as he looks for another team that will prove to be competitive in the playoffs. He did the same to Cleveland four years ago.
3. Go home.
Many NBA fans have longed for the prodigal son to return to his hometown Cleveland, Ohio. It is probably high time that people stop hating James for leaving in the first place. His wife Savannah was the center of speculation recently after posting a cryptic photo on Instagram with the word "Akron." Akron, Ohio is the hometown of both LeBron and his wife, fuelling rumours that perhaps he is eyeing a return to the Cavaliers.
4. Sell his Miami real estate.
He can start selling his properties and valuables in Miami and start building a new home in the city he wishes. King James might currently be on the lookout for an agent to sell his mansion.
5. Work on his ball handling skills.
LeBron is in a league of his own, usually tagged as a "point forward." He is strong, big and fast. He still needs to work on his ball handling skills though. A quick course with Blake Griffin or DeMarcus Cousins might do the trick.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies