Matt Bomer: White Collar Actor Wants More Roles as Good as Felix Turner in the HBO Film The Normal Heart
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 25, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Matt Bomer's work on the HBO drama film "The Normal Heart" recently received recognition and the actor expressed gratitude and happiness for the role that placed his career at its peak. After taking home the Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor, Matt Bomer now wants to do more roles as good as his "The Normal Heart" character, Felix Turner, where people will recognize his acting skills and not only his attractive looks.
Actor Matt Bomer poses with his Best Supporting Actor in a Movie or Mini-Series award for "The Normal Heart", at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Scott Wants to Stop Kate's Evil Plan Involving Derek, Watch Promo Video for Episode 2 Titled 117
Rupert Grint to Join Broadway like Harry Potter Co-star Daniel Radcliffe, Set to Make Debut Appearance in Production Titled It's Only a Play
In the Elle report, the 36-year-old "White Collar" actor revealed that he waited for a long time to have a good role in a film and finally got what he wanted when he landed the role of Felix Turner in "The Normal Heart" opposite actor Mark Ruffalo. According to Matt Bomer, he first read the play when he was 13 years old and loved the story ever since.
"For it to be given the voice it was given by HBO is the culmination of so many people's work," Bomer shared. According to the On Top Magazine report, Matt Bomer thanked "The Normal Heart" director Ryan Murphy and playwright Larry Kramer during his acceptance speech at the Critics' Choice Television Awards held on Thursday, June 19.
"Thank you Larry Kramer for standing up at a time when it was not popular or easy to do so. In speaking out, we owe you more than I can ever communicate in this speech," Bomer stated. The actor also dedicated the award he received to remember and honor the generation that was lost during the AIDS health crisis in the early '80s.
As Matt Bomer moves forward with his career, the actor wants to portray more roles like the one he did in "The Normal Heart" after finishing his other acting jobs. "I really hope I get to select roles that pay homage to getting to be a part of this one," Bomer admitted.
The "Magic Mike" actor also shared that he received a lot of varied feedback after "The Normal Heart" got released. Bomer revealed that the older generation wanted to share their stories and pictures with him while the younger generation only knew vaguely about the issue and did not understand how cruel and unjust the situation was.
When asked about if his future projects still include the "Magic Mike" movie sequel, Matt Bomer that it is the game plan. The actor even teased that he could be working on some dance moves in a month or so. "Magic Mike 2" is reportedly coming out in 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Miranda Kerr: Aussie Supermodel Poses on a Motorbike for Latest Photo Shoot, Talks about Failed Marriage with Orlando Bloom - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu