iPhone 6 a Killer Handset But Production Seems a Problem - Survey
By Naveena Joy | June 25, 2014 3:14 PM EST
According to BGR, this year's new iPhone models have a steep hill to climb as the company gears up for the launch of two newly designed iPhone 6 models. This could be another reason for it to reach at the top. RBC Capital Markets confirmed this by surveying more than 4,000 consumers. The survey said:
1. Almost 50 percent of consumers will purchase an iPhone within the next three months to upgrade their phone.
2. Apple offers a larger form factor - Android cannibalization with iPhone 6 to the 35 percent of the users who are not purchasing iPhone.
3. For a 5.5-inch screen size, 26 percent of the consumers are willing to pay $100 premium.
4. Approximately, 74 percent of the consumers know about the new iPhone launch by AAPL.
5. Better battery life and large screen size is what consumers are looking for in the new iPhone.
Although there are surveys and rumors that indicate the success of iPhone 6, but various reports on the manufacturing issue pertaining to the 5.5-inch model and currently the 4.7-inch model create a problem.
According to Digitimes, the Chinese version of Economic Daily News cited Apple faced a severe issue with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6's production. It was first placed with the component supplier Catcher for the metal phone cases but there were defects found, including "connecting areas between the plastic and metal parts."
As a result, the report claimed Apple rejected the company's framework and temporarily shifted the production from Catcher to both Jabil and Foxconn.
Apple is now planning to launch a new designed 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch iPhone models this year. This new version will be thinner and more round in shape as compared to previous iPhone handsets.
It was also reported by a reliable reporter, Ming-Chi Kuo that the two iPhone 6 versions will also feature a fully aluminium framework, including the new Apple A8 chipsets and also NFC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date