iPhone 6 a Killer Handset But Production Seems a Problem - Survey
By Naveena Joy | June 25, 2014 3:14 PM EST
According to BGR, this year's new iPhone models have a steep hill to climb as the company gears up for the launch of two newly designed iPhone 6 models. This could be another reason for it to reach at the top. RBC Capital Markets confirmed this by surveying more than 4,000 consumers. The survey said:
1. Almost 50 percent of consumers will purchase an iPhone within the next three months to upgrade their phone.
2. Apple offers a larger form factor - Android cannibalization with iPhone 6 to the 35 percent of the users who are not purchasing iPhone.
3. For a 5.5-inch screen size, 26 percent of the consumers are willing to pay $100 premium.
4. Approximately, 74 percent of the consumers know about the new iPhone launch by AAPL.
5. Better battery life and large screen size is what consumers are looking for in the new iPhone.
Although there are surveys and rumors that indicate the success of iPhone 6, but various reports on the manufacturing issue pertaining to the 5.5-inch model and currently the 4.7-inch model create a problem.
According to Digitimes, the Chinese version of Economic Daily News cited Apple faced a severe issue with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6's production. It was first placed with the component supplier Catcher for the metal phone cases but there were defects found, including "connecting areas between the plastic and metal parts."
As a result, the report claimed Apple rejected the company's framework and temporarily shifted the production from Catcher to both Jabil and Foxconn.
Apple is now planning to launch a new designed 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch iPhone models this year. This new version will be thinner and more round in shape as compared to previous iPhone handsets.
It was also reported by a reliable reporter, Ming-Chi Kuo that the two iPhone 6 versions will also feature a fully aluminium framework, including the new Apple A8 chipsets and also NFC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up