Sherlock Star Benedict Cumberbatch Could Secretly be Dating Fifty Shades of Grey Actress Dakota Johnson—Report Suggests
By jaskiran kaur | June 25, 2014 3:05 PM EST
“Sherlock” star Benedict Cumberbatch is not single anymore. He has a new girlfriend who he has been secretly dating as revealed by producer Rebecca Eaton. But who is the lucky girl?
According to various media reports, the girl Benedict Cumberbatch has secretly been dating could be "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress Dakota Johnson. Daily Times notes that Dakota Johnson is most likely the woman in Benedict Cumberbatch's life. It is reported that the alleged pair was spotted on a dinner date in New York in May, 2014. This happened after they attended the Met Gala that was held in NYC.
As per the report, Sherlock Holmes of BBC's enormously popular detective series was having a great time with Dakota Johnson. He was seen covering his face with napkins to make Dakota laugh.
A frenzy of speculation aroused after producer Rebecca Eaton hinted at Benedict Cumberbatch's relationship status.
"That might also explain her other job: helping British hottie Benedict Cumberbatch find a new love interest. She wouldn't say whom the "Sherlock" actor has met, but she said it's time for all those "Cumberbitches" - the name used by his huge base of female followers - to move on," The New York Post's Page Six's report read.
Prior to this, Benedict Cumberbatch has been single for more than two years. The 37-year-old British actor broke up with his fashion designer ex-girlfriend Anna James in 2012. Before his relationship with Anna, Cumberbatch was dating British actress Olivia Poulet and they were together for almost 12 years.
Citing a quote from actor's interview with Elle Japan in September 2013, the Web site notes the kind of woman Cumberbatch desires.
"A woman who knows that she doesn't have to get all decked out to look good is sexy. A woman who can make you feel smart with her conversation skills is also sexy. I believe the sense of humor is important," Cumberbatch told the magazine.
However, these claims are mere speculations and there is no confirmation on Benedict Cumberbatch and Dakota Johnson's blossoming romance. Let us know if you think Dakota Johnson is the girl Benedict Cumberbatch has been dating. Do you think "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress and "Sherlock" star make a great couple?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies