Sherlock Star Benedict Cumberbatch Could Secretly be Dating Fifty Shades of Grey Actress Dakota Johnson—Report Suggests
By jaskiran kaur | June 25, 2014 3:05 PM EST
“Sherlock” star Benedict Cumberbatch is not single anymore. He has a new girlfriend who he has been secretly dating as revealed by producer Rebecca Eaton. But who is the lucky girl?
According to various media reports, the girl Benedict Cumberbatch has secretly been dating could be "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress Dakota Johnson. Daily Times notes that Dakota Johnson is most likely the woman in Benedict Cumberbatch's life. It is reported that the alleged pair was spotted on a dinner date in New York in May, 2014. This happened after they attended the Met Gala that was held in NYC.
As per the report, Sherlock Holmes of BBC's enormously popular detective series was having a great time with Dakota Johnson. He was seen covering his face with napkins to make Dakota laugh.
A frenzy of speculation aroused after producer Rebecca Eaton hinted at Benedict Cumberbatch's relationship status.
"That might also explain her other job: helping British hottie Benedict Cumberbatch find a new love interest. She wouldn't say whom the "Sherlock" actor has met, but she said it's time for all those "Cumberbitches" - the name used by his huge base of female followers - to move on," The New York Post's Page Six's report read.
Prior to this, Benedict Cumberbatch has been single for more than two years. The 37-year-old British actor broke up with his fashion designer ex-girlfriend Anna James in 2012. Before his relationship with Anna, Cumberbatch was dating British actress Olivia Poulet and they were together for almost 12 years.
Citing a quote from actor's interview with Elle Japan in September 2013, the Web site notes the kind of woman Cumberbatch desires.
"A woman who knows that she doesn't have to get all decked out to look good is sexy. A woman who can make you feel smart with her conversation skills is also sexy. I believe the sense of humor is important," Cumberbatch told the magazine.
However, these claims are mere speculations and there is no confirmation on Benedict Cumberbatch and Dakota Johnson's blossoming romance. Let us know if you think Dakota Johnson is the girl Benedict Cumberbatch has been dating. Do you think "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress and "Sherlock" star make a great couple?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales