Sherlock Star Benedict Cumberbatch Could Secretly be Dating Fifty Shades of Grey Actress Dakota Johnson—Report Suggests
By jaskiran kaur | June 25, 2014 3:05 PM EST
“Sherlock” star Benedict Cumberbatch is not single anymore. He has a new girlfriend who he has been secretly dating as revealed by producer Rebecca Eaton. But who is the lucky girl?
According to various media reports, the girl Benedict Cumberbatch has secretly been dating could be "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress Dakota Johnson. Daily Times notes that Dakota Johnson is most likely the woman in Benedict Cumberbatch's life. It is reported that the alleged pair was spotted on a dinner date in New York in May, 2014. This happened after they attended the Met Gala that was held in NYC.
As per the report, Sherlock Holmes of BBC's enormously popular detective series was having a great time with Dakota Johnson. He was seen covering his face with napkins to make Dakota laugh.
A frenzy of speculation aroused after producer Rebecca Eaton hinted at Benedict Cumberbatch's relationship status.
"That might also explain her other job: helping British hottie Benedict Cumberbatch find a new love interest. She wouldn't say whom the "Sherlock" actor has met, but she said it's time for all those "Cumberbitches" - the name used by his huge base of female followers - to move on," The New York Post's Page Six's report read.
Prior to this, Benedict Cumberbatch has been single for more than two years. The 37-year-old British actor broke up with his fashion designer ex-girlfriend Anna James in 2012. Before his relationship with Anna, Cumberbatch was dating British actress Olivia Poulet and they were together for almost 12 years.
Citing a quote from actor's interview with Elle Japan in September 2013, the Web site notes the kind of woman Cumberbatch desires.
"A woman who knows that she doesn't have to get all decked out to look good is sexy. A woman who can make you feel smart with her conversation skills is also sexy. I believe the sense of humor is important," Cumberbatch told the magazine.
However, these claims are mere speculations and there is no confirmation on Benedict Cumberbatch and Dakota Johnson's blossoming romance. Let us know if you think Dakota Johnson is the girl Benedict Cumberbatch has been dating. Do you think "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress and "Sherlock" star make a great couple?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date