Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie
By Sachin Trivedi | June 25, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Consistent reports suggest that Tom Cruise is currently in talks to star in the popular upcoming movie "Star Wars" 7. Movie buffs are speculating what role the star actor may get and some are wondering if a major role in the movie for the star will be a distraction. Here are top 5 roles the actor can play in the movie:
Actor Tom Cruise arrives for the premiere of "Edge of Tomorrow" in New York May 28, 2014. The movie premiered in three countries in one day. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Role #1 Jedi Master
With the task of building the Jedi order in the Galaxy, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker will need more Jedi to maintain the peace as well as rebuild the order. Tom Cruise in Jedi robes could be a good cameo role for the star.
The role of a Jedi requires the actor to be somber most of the time. The role may also call for some action occasionally. Tom Cruise is famous for his action roles, his recent movie "Edge of Tomorrow" got the fans excited to see him in action.
Role #2 King of a Planet
"Star Wars" fans will remember that under the Empire, the regional governors had direct control of a planet. With the fall of the Emperor, the planets are expected to overthrow the governors and replace them with their own political system and leaders.
Tom Cruise in an elaborate costume of a king may get the fans excited. The star has already played the role of a knight and a Samurai, the role of a king would be just a step up. The plot of "Star Wars" 7 may also grant an opportunity for the role. Forming of a new Galactic Republic would require the Jedi to negotiate with multiple planets.
Role #3 Senator
The role of a senator is to negotiate a good deal for the planet they represent. "Star Wars" fans know that the role will sometimes call for some "aggressive negotiations," which may require the use of a lightsaber.
Role #4 Rebel Commander or Fighter Pilot
Playing the role of a man in the armed forces should come naturally to Tom Cruise. He has played such roles on countless previous occasions. "Star Wars" fans may get excited to see the star in the cockpit of an X-Wing fighter.
Role #5 Smuggler
Traditionally the role of a smuggler belongs to Han Solo, played by Harrison Ford. But fighting for the Rebel Alliance and becoming a hero may not allow Han to continue with smuggling. Besides he is now married to Leia and has become a family man.
But many of the fans can't imagine "Star Wars" 7 without a ruffian smuggler. A small role of a smuggler could also be a good cameo role for Tom Cruise.
Star Wars Episode 7: Top 5 Burning Plot Challenges the Producers Face [Read]
Maleficent Crosses $500M, Angelina Jolie 'Best Box Office Performance' Ever [Read]
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Never Before Seen Action in Final Trailer [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation