LG G3 vs. Nokia Lumia 1520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 25, 2014 1:30 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the Nokia Lumia 1520, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business. REUTERS/Han Jong-chan/Yonhap
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with a 6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 531 ppi pixel display density compared to the 367 ppi pixel display density in the Nokia Lumia 1520.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with 162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7 mm dimensions and weighs 209 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1520 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1520 sports a 20 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus and dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 25 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $849.95. The Nokia Lumia 1520 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $519.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate