LG G3 vs. Nokia Lumia 1520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 25, 2014 1:30 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the Nokia Lumia 1520, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business. REUTERS/Han Jong-chan/Yonhap
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with a 6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 531 ppi pixel display density compared to the 367 ppi pixel display density in the Nokia Lumia 1520.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with 162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7 mm dimensions and weighs 209 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1520 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1520 sports a 20 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus and dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 1520 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 25 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $849.95. The Nokia Lumia 1520 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $519.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar