‘Big Brother Australia’ Star Tim Dormer and ‘Royal Prank’ DJ Mel Greig Not Working With KIIS FM On New Project
By Anne Lu | June 25, 2014 12:58 PM EST
“Big Brother Australia” winner Tim Dormer and controversial DJ Mel Greig are reportedly working on a radio project together, but the station involved, KIIS FM, denies the report.
Dormer, who works as a movie reviewer and fill-in host for the “Kyle and Jackie O” show on KIIS, was recently spotted having lunch with Greig, whose radio career was cut short after her infamous royal hoax prank in 2012.
Their meeting sparked rumours of a collaborative project between the two. Apparently, Greig flew from Adelaide to Sydney to sign an on-air show deal with KIIS FM. The show would allegedly see Greig and Dormer as the hosts.
However, KIIS denied the report, with its spokeswoman saying, “There is absolutely zero truth to this story. The meeting between Mel and Tim had nothing to do with ARN (KIIS’s parent company). ARN was never considering a project with them.”
Greig and Dormer’s rep, Sara Eastwood from Inspired Talent, confirmed that the pair are working together, but would not reveal whether that project is for television or radio.
“They are certainly working on something together,” she told Fairfax Media. “Nothing is confirmed but hopefully we can talk about it in the not-too-distant future.”
Dormer also explained to The Advertiser, “Mel and I caught up for lunch and we did have a chat about a project we’re working on together, nothing’s confirmed yet through.
“I’ve known Mel for ages, we’d love to work together, but I might be a bit too cheeky for her!”
“We also went to the Transformers premiere on Monday night and caught up with intern Pete from the Kyle & Jackie O show, so I guess that’s where the KIIS connection came from.”
Greig suffered media backlash with co-DJ Mike Christian in 2012 after they decided to pull a prank on Kate Middleton’s hospital staff. They called the hospital where the Duchess was admitted due to severe morning sickness, pretending to be Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles.
Jacintha Saldanha, the nurse who put them through the Duchess’ private line, committed suicide three days after the hoax. The radio jocks’ show, “Hot30 Countdown,” was cancelled not long after.
Dormer, on the other hand, was the winner of the recent “Big Brother Australia” series. He had been a TV veejay prior to his reality show experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date