‘Big Brother Australia’ Star Tim Dormer and ‘Royal Prank’ DJ Mel Greig Not Working With KIIS FM On New Project
By Anne Lu | June 25, 2014 12:58 PM EST
“Big Brother Australia” winner Tim Dormer and controversial DJ Mel Greig are reportedly working on a radio project together, but the station involved, KIIS FM, denies the report.
Dormer, who works as a movie reviewer and fill-in host for the “Kyle and Jackie O” show on KIIS, was recently spotted having lunch with Greig, whose radio career was cut short after her infamous royal hoax prank in 2012.
Their meeting sparked rumours of a collaborative project between the two. Apparently, Greig flew from Adelaide to Sydney to sign an on-air show deal with KIIS FM. The show would allegedly see Greig and Dormer as the hosts.
However, KIIS denied the report, with its spokeswoman saying, “There is absolutely zero truth to this story. The meeting between Mel and Tim had nothing to do with ARN (KIIS’s parent company). ARN was never considering a project with them.”
Greig and Dormer’s rep, Sara Eastwood from Inspired Talent, confirmed that the pair are working together, but would not reveal whether that project is for television or radio.
“They are certainly working on something together,” she told Fairfax Media. “Nothing is confirmed but hopefully we can talk about it in the not-too-distant future.”
Dormer also explained to The Advertiser, “Mel and I caught up for lunch and we did have a chat about a project we’re working on together, nothing’s confirmed yet through.
“I’ve known Mel for ages, we’d love to work together, but I might be a bit too cheeky for her!”
“We also went to the Transformers premiere on Monday night and caught up with intern Pete from the Kyle & Jackie O show, so I guess that’s where the KIIS connection came from.”
Greig suffered media backlash with co-DJ Mike Christian in 2012 after they decided to pull a prank on Kate Middleton’s hospital staff. They called the hospital where the Duchess was admitted due to severe morning sickness, pretending to be Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles.
Jacintha Saldanha, the nurse who put them through the Duchess’ private line, committed suicide three days after the hoax. The radio jocks’ show, “Hot30 Countdown,” was cancelled not long after.
Dormer, on the other hand, was the winner of the recent “Big Brother Australia” series. He had been a TV veejay prior to his reality show experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border