Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Blog Site Retracts Claim that Pilot Used Photoshop on Image of Jet
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 25, 2014 12:57 PM EST
A blog in Orient Post that originally questioned the authenticity of the image of a jet believed to be that of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and discovered by pilot Michael Hoebel has retracted its claim.
A man travelling on a stolen passport on the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was a young Iranian who has no links to terrorists.
The retraction was made after Hoebel provided the editor of Orient Post, Mr L'Angelle, links to the original copies of the images on the TomNod Web site, "irrefutably showing that Mr. Hoebel did not in any way alter, doctor, or photoshop these images."
Orient Post's retraction reads:
"Status quo of Orient Post report on Michael Hoebel and his image regarding missing aircraft in Gulf of Thailand. The person in question named above has sent an email regarding his claims as to the location of the aircraft .... The documents relayed in the email will be reviewed; in the meantime, all reference to Mike Hoebel's credibility at Orient Post as being a "fraud" will be removed .... It is believed that Mr. Hoebel probably acted in good faith and his effort was the result of a great deal of research."
International Business Times previously reported both on the discovery of Hoebel and the claim in the Orient Post blog that questioned the authenticity of the image in a news article on May 1, 2014.
IBT has also issued an erratum to reflect the retraction made by Orient Post.
Meanwhile, the aviation industry recently marked the 100th day that the ill-fated plane went missing, and until now authorities are still searching for the aircraft that was bound for Beijing with 239 people on board.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’