FIFA World Cup 2014 Standings: Group C Results: Colombia and Greece Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 25, 2014 12:37 PM EST
FIFA World Cup 2014 BRAZIL
QUALIFIED: COLOMBIA and GREECE
Colombia come out on top of group C with maximum points and rather convincing victories in every single match. The final game against Japan was particularly impressive with a score line of 4-1. With South American teams historicaly doing well when the cup is hosted in the continent, Colombia now join Chile, Brazil, Costa Rica and Uruguay in the next round making it a total of five South American teams in the top 16 without even counting Central American team, Mexico.
Greece was not as convincing after going through with only one win in the group stage and were only able to advance due to the even worse performance of the other two teams. They will have to step it up if they intend on gettng to the quarterfinals.
Japan managed only a single pont in their goalless draw against Greece and were completely outclassed in their final game against Colombia.
Full match results:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win