FIFA World Cup 2014 Standings: Group C Results: Colombia and Greece Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 25, 2014 12:37 PM EST
FIFA World Cup 2014 BRAZIL
QUALIFIED: COLOMBIA and GREECE
Colombia come out on top of group C with maximum points and rather convincing victories in every single match. The final game against Japan was particularly impressive with a score line of 4-1. With South American teams historicaly doing well when the cup is hosted in the continent, Colombia now join Chile, Brazil, Costa Rica and Uruguay in the next round making it a total of five South American teams in the top 16 without even counting Central American team, Mexico.
Greece was not as convincing after going through with only one win in the group stage and were only able to advance due to the even worse performance of the other two teams. They will have to step it up if they intend on gettng to the quarterfinals.
Japan managed only a single pont in their goalless draw against Greece and were completely outclassed in their final game against Colombia.
Full match results:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2