FIFA World Cup 2014 Standings: Group C Results: Colombia and Greece Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 25, 2014 12:37 PM EST
FIFA World Cup 2014 BRAZIL
QUALIFIED: COLOMBIA and GREECE
Colombia come out on top of group C with maximum points and rather convincing victories in every single match. The final game against Japan was particularly impressive with a score line of 4-1. With South American teams historicaly doing well when the cup is hosted in the continent, Colombia now join Chile, Brazil, Costa Rica and Uruguay in the next round making it a total of five South American teams in the top 16 without even counting Central American team, Mexico.
Greece was not as convincing after going through with only one win in the group stage and were only able to advance due to the even worse performance of the other two teams. They will have to step it up if they intend on gettng to the quarterfinals.
Japan managed only a single pont in their goalless draw against Greece and were completely outclassed in their final game against Colombia.
Full match results:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch