Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Preorders with Weekly Prizes and a Look at Its Modern Day Setting
By Gel Galang | June 25, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Most of the time, preorders for titles are fueled by very compelling teasers, good content and basically an awesome game that people would want to play on the first day of release--hence the preorder to ensure that they do have a copy by then.
Several new action video games are promoted at the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
But it seems like Ubisoft is aiming to go beyond the whole system of preorder to transform it into a get-a-bigger-shot-at-winning instead of the usual preorder to play immediately.
Its latest offer involves its upcoming next-gen consoles and PC game, "Assassin's Creed Unity." While by all means a pretty anticipated game for the franchise, it seems that Ubisoft may be pulling out the big guns to not only promote "Assassin's Creed Unity" but to also sell the game on a preorder basis.
This follows the rather ridiculously redundant preorder scheme that Ubisoft came out for "Watch Dogs" where there was a long list of preorder choices with varying exclusive freebies for each bundle.
In any case, if you're interested in taking part in what Ubisoft calls the "Guillotine Spin," the video below details some of the prize day, and invites gamers to preorder the game with this opening line:
"Every Friday is Prize Day with the 'Assassin's Creed Unity" Guillotine Prize Drop."
Basically, you need to preorder the "Assassin's Creed Unity" game from any platform to get five spins on the Guillotine Spin every Friday. You then need to get the reservation code on the receipt and enter it at assassinscreed.com/play.
The prizes include the in-game hooked impaler spear, exclusive Assassin's Creed skinned consoles, home entertainment systems, a trip to Comic Con San Diego or the Ubisoft Montreal.
And for those looking for a bigger reward, all the spins do give you a bigger shot at the grand prize trip, which is an all-expenses paid trip to Paris, which is the setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Aside from the prize-based bonuses, a game-related additional content that comes with the preorder bonus includes The Chemical Revolution Mission. At the very least, Polygon reports that several retailers also have other freebies for preordering "Assassin's Creed Unity," most of which are in-game weapons, depending on which retailer you preorder from.
Devs Reveal More about the Modern Setting in 'Assassin's Creed Unity'
"Assassin's Creed Unity" will go beyond Abstergo as players had experienced in "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" and will be putting you as an employee for the Assassins for the modern setting of the upcoming game.
This new modern setting will expand the experience of 'Black Flag' and according to GamesTM, the developers are now giving the players the chance to be their own person exploring the game.
This means that, instead of a third-person character in the present time, the player will become the actual character in "Assassin's Creed Unity's" modern environment, one where they will be contacted by the Assassin order
"We made a few twists but we understand that this is the seventh game, so the story is becoming complicated; as such, we wanted to reintroduce some of the main elements of the narrative in a different way," said Vincent Pointbriant, a senior producer at Ubisoft Montreal.
Ubisoft has also already highlighted the co-op aspect of "Assassin's Creed Unity" though the actual details of what to expect with this has not yet been fully disclosed. There's still time for the developers to reveal pertinent details, until "Assassin's Creed Unity" launches on the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales