Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Preorders with Weekly Prizes and a Look at Its Modern Day Setting
By Gel Galang | June 25, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Most of the time, preorders for titles are fueled by very compelling teasers, good content and basically an awesome game that people would want to play on the first day of release--hence the preorder to ensure that they do have a copy by then.
Several new action video games are promoted at the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
But it seems like Ubisoft is aiming to go beyond the whole system of preorder to transform it into a get-a-bigger-shot-at-winning instead of the usual preorder to play immediately.
Its latest offer involves its upcoming next-gen consoles and PC game, "Assassin's Creed Unity." While by all means a pretty anticipated game for the franchise, it seems that Ubisoft may be pulling out the big guns to not only promote "Assassin's Creed Unity" but to also sell the game on a preorder basis.
This follows the rather ridiculously redundant preorder scheme that Ubisoft came out for "Watch Dogs" where there was a long list of preorder choices with varying exclusive freebies for each bundle.
In any case, if you're interested in taking part in what Ubisoft calls the "Guillotine Spin," the video below details some of the prize day, and invites gamers to preorder the game with this opening line:
"Every Friday is Prize Day with the 'Assassin's Creed Unity" Guillotine Prize Drop."
Basically, you need to preorder the "Assassin's Creed Unity" game from any platform to get five spins on the Guillotine Spin every Friday. You then need to get the reservation code on the receipt and enter it at assassinscreed.com/play.
The prizes include the in-game hooked impaler spear, exclusive Assassin's Creed skinned consoles, home entertainment systems, a trip to Comic Con San Diego or the Ubisoft Montreal.
And for those looking for a bigger reward, all the spins do give you a bigger shot at the grand prize trip, which is an all-expenses paid trip to Paris, which is the setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Aside from the prize-based bonuses, a game-related additional content that comes with the preorder bonus includes The Chemical Revolution Mission. At the very least, Polygon reports that several retailers also have other freebies for preordering "Assassin's Creed Unity," most of which are in-game weapons, depending on which retailer you preorder from.
Devs Reveal More about the Modern Setting in 'Assassin's Creed Unity'
"Assassin's Creed Unity" will go beyond Abstergo as players had experienced in "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" and will be putting you as an employee for the Assassins for the modern setting of the upcoming game.
This new modern setting will expand the experience of 'Black Flag' and according to GamesTM, the developers are now giving the players the chance to be their own person exploring the game.
This means that, instead of a third-person character in the present time, the player will become the actual character in "Assassin's Creed Unity's" modern environment, one where they will be contacted by the Assassin order
"We made a few twists but we understand that this is the seventh game, so the story is becoming complicated; as such, we wanted to reintroduce some of the main elements of the narrative in a different way," said Vincent Pointbriant, a senior producer at Ubisoft Montreal.
Ubisoft has also already highlighted the co-op aspect of "Assassin's Creed Unity" though the actual details of what to expect with this has not yet been fully disclosed. There's still time for the developers to reveal pertinent details, until "Assassin's Creed Unity" launches on the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies