Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Preorders with Weekly Prizes and a Look at Its Modern Day Setting
By Gel Galang | June 25, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Most of the time, preorders for titles are fueled by very compelling teasers, good content and basically an awesome game that people would want to play on the first day of release--hence the preorder to ensure that they do have a copy by then.
Several new action video games are promoted at the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
But it seems like Ubisoft is aiming to go beyond the whole system of preorder to transform it into a get-a-bigger-shot-at-winning instead of the usual preorder to play immediately.
Its latest offer involves its upcoming next-gen consoles and PC game, "Assassin's Creed Unity." While by all means a pretty anticipated game for the franchise, it seems that Ubisoft may be pulling out the big guns to not only promote "Assassin's Creed Unity" but to also sell the game on a preorder basis.
This follows the rather ridiculously redundant preorder scheme that Ubisoft came out for "Watch Dogs" where there was a long list of preorder choices with varying exclusive freebies for each bundle.
In any case, if you're interested in taking part in what Ubisoft calls the "Guillotine Spin," the video below details some of the prize day, and invites gamers to preorder the game with this opening line:
"Every Friday is Prize Day with the 'Assassin's Creed Unity" Guillotine Prize Drop."
Basically, you need to preorder the "Assassin's Creed Unity" game from any platform to get five spins on the Guillotine Spin every Friday. You then need to get the reservation code on the receipt and enter it at assassinscreed.com/play.
The prizes include the in-game hooked impaler spear, exclusive Assassin's Creed skinned consoles, home entertainment systems, a trip to Comic Con San Diego or the Ubisoft Montreal.
And for those looking for a bigger reward, all the spins do give you a bigger shot at the grand prize trip, which is an all-expenses paid trip to Paris, which is the setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Aside from the prize-based bonuses, a game-related additional content that comes with the preorder bonus includes The Chemical Revolution Mission. At the very least, Polygon reports that several retailers also have other freebies for preordering "Assassin's Creed Unity," most of which are in-game weapons, depending on which retailer you preorder from.
Devs Reveal More about the Modern Setting in 'Assassin's Creed Unity'
"Assassin's Creed Unity" will go beyond Abstergo as players had experienced in "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" and will be putting you as an employee for the Assassins for the modern setting of the upcoming game.
This new modern setting will expand the experience of 'Black Flag' and according to GamesTM, the developers are now giving the players the chance to be their own person exploring the game.
This means that, instead of a third-person character in the present time, the player will become the actual character in "Assassin's Creed Unity's" modern environment, one where they will be contacted by the Assassin order
"We made a few twists but we understand that this is the seventh game, so the story is becoming complicated; as such, we wanted to reintroduce some of the main elements of the narrative in a different way," said Vincent Pointbriant, a senior producer at Ubisoft Montreal.
Ubisoft has also already highlighted the co-op aspect of "Assassin's Creed Unity" though the actual details of what to expect with this has not yet been fully disclosed. There's still time for the developers to reveal pertinent details, until "Assassin's Creed Unity" launches on the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date