Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Preorders with Weekly Prizes and a Look at Its Modern Day Setting
By Gel Galang | June 25, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Most of the time, preorders for titles are fueled by very compelling teasers, good content and basically an awesome game that people would want to play on the first day of release--hence the preorder to ensure that they do have a copy by then.
Several new action video games are promoted at the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
But it seems like Ubisoft is aiming to go beyond the whole system of preorder to transform it into a get-a-bigger-shot-at-winning instead of the usual preorder to play immediately.
Its latest offer involves its upcoming next-gen consoles and PC game, "Assassin's Creed Unity." While by all means a pretty anticipated game for the franchise, it seems that Ubisoft may be pulling out the big guns to not only promote "Assassin's Creed Unity" but to also sell the game on a preorder basis.
This follows the rather ridiculously redundant preorder scheme that Ubisoft came out for "Watch Dogs" where there was a long list of preorder choices with varying exclusive freebies for each bundle.
In any case, if you're interested in taking part in what Ubisoft calls the "Guillotine Spin," the video below details some of the prize day, and invites gamers to preorder the game with this opening line:
"Every Friday is Prize Day with the 'Assassin's Creed Unity" Guillotine Prize Drop."
Basically, you need to preorder the "Assassin's Creed Unity" game from any platform to get five spins on the Guillotine Spin every Friday. You then need to get the reservation code on the receipt and enter it at assassinscreed.com/play.
The prizes include the in-game hooked impaler spear, exclusive Assassin's Creed skinned consoles, home entertainment systems, a trip to Comic Con San Diego or the Ubisoft Montreal.
And for those looking for a bigger reward, all the spins do give you a bigger shot at the grand prize trip, which is an all-expenses paid trip to Paris, which is the setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Aside from the prize-based bonuses, a game-related additional content that comes with the preorder bonus includes The Chemical Revolution Mission. At the very least, Polygon reports that several retailers also have other freebies for preordering "Assassin's Creed Unity," most of which are in-game weapons, depending on which retailer you preorder from.
Devs Reveal More about the Modern Setting in 'Assassin's Creed Unity'
"Assassin's Creed Unity" will go beyond Abstergo as players had experienced in "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" and will be putting you as an employee for the Assassins for the modern setting of the upcoming game.
This new modern setting will expand the experience of 'Black Flag' and according to GamesTM, the developers are now giving the players the chance to be their own person exploring the game.
This means that, instead of a third-person character in the present time, the player will become the actual character in "Assassin's Creed Unity's" modern environment, one where they will be contacted by the Assassin order
"We made a few twists but we understand that this is the seventh game, so the story is becoming complicated; as such, we wanted to reintroduce some of the main elements of the narrative in a different way," said Vincent Pointbriant, a senior producer at Ubisoft Montreal.
Ubisoft has also already highlighted the co-op aspect of "Assassin's Creed Unity" though the actual details of what to expect with this has not yet been fully disclosed. There's still time for the developers to reveal pertinent details, until "Assassin's Creed Unity" launches on the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia