Transformers: Age of Extinction Spoilers:The Villain Lockdown and Film Takes Off After Dark Of The Moon
By Tanya Diente | June 25, 2014 11:39 AM EST
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" kicked off their World Premiere in Hong Kong where a few privileged viewers were able to reveal that the beginning of the film takes off several years after "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon." They were also introduced to a new villain Transfomer named Lockdown.
U.S. director Michael Bay takes pictures with his camera on the red carpet as he arrives for the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
Hitfix writer Drew McWeeny was among those who saw "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong and has provided some spoilers for the movie.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" begins several years after the events of "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon." Apparently, the US government wants to get rid of the transformers so they set off a hunt for all remaining Autobots and Decepticons.
A brutal scene shows Ratchet being torn to pieces by a team of black ops soldiers led by Savoy (Titus Welliver) and assisted by the mysterious Lockdown (voiced by Mark Ryan). Lockdown is also a Transformer who is unlike any of the Transformers seen in the previous series so far.
Seeing how even the Autobots are treated, it makes sense for the remaining Transformers left on earth to go into hiding.
Optimus Prime (played as always by Peter Cullen) is among those in hiding after he was ambushed and almost killed. The attack trapped him in truck mode, damaged almost beyond repair.
Enter Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg), an amateur inventor who has a side business of refurbishing junk.
He discovers the truck and buys it with no knowledge of its true identity. It's only when he did some work on the core unit that seems to fuel the truck that he realises he'd purchased a Transformer.
Yeager's daughter (Nicola Peltz) and business partner Lucas (T.J. Miller) advised him to surrender Optimus Prime to the government, but he was indecisive. By the time he's made up his mind, the government had already tracked down Optimus with the black ops team led by Harold Attinger (Kelsey Grammer).
The team descended on Cade's farm and attempted to kill him just to find out where he's kept Optimus Prime. However, Optimus sprang into action, Autobot form (as shown on the movie trailer below), and fought back, endangering Cade, his daughter, even his daughter's boyfriend Shane (Jack Raynor) and Lucas.
According to Hitfix, the reason why Attinger is so willing to help Lockdown murder every last Transformer may be tied up with the work being done by a brilliant and slimy inventor played by Stanley Tucci.
Tucci has been working with samples of the metal recovered from bodies of dead Transformers, including the ruined husk that used to be Megatron. He is convinced that with his work he can now build brand-new Transformers that he can control.
However, with his plans of building an army, he would need new raw materials and Lockdown has promised him "The Seed," which should terraform a huge expanse of any surface on Earth into pure Transformanium.
According to Hitfix, the biggest new idea in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is Lockdown's allegation that there is a race of Creators who have decided to reign in the free will of Optimus Prime and the other Transformers, which makes him the bounty hunter looking to get a reward.
Amidst all the action, Variety claimed the robots in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" gives the movie its emotional heft, with their soul, character-rich physicality and almost human-scaled facial features.
Among these robots are the new Transformers Hound (John Goodman), Drift (Ken Watanabe) and Crosshairs (John DiMaggio).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone