Transformers: Age of Extinction Spoilers:The Villain Lockdown and Film Takes Off After Dark Of The Moon
By Tanya Diente | June 25, 2014 11:39 AM EST
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" kicked off their World Premiere in Hong Kong where a few privileged viewers were able to reveal that the beginning of the film takes off several years after "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon." They were also introduced to a new villain Transfomer named Lockdown.
U.S. director Michael Bay takes pictures with his camera on the red carpet as he arrives for the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
Hitfix writer Drew McWeeny was among those who saw "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong and has provided some spoilers for the movie.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" begins several years after the events of "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon." Apparently, the US government wants to get rid of the transformers so they set off a hunt for all remaining Autobots and Decepticons.
A brutal scene shows Ratchet being torn to pieces by a team of black ops soldiers led by Savoy (Titus Welliver) and assisted by the mysterious Lockdown (voiced by Mark Ryan). Lockdown is also a Transformer who is unlike any of the Transformers seen in the previous series so far.
Seeing how even the Autobots are treated, it makes sense for the remaining Transformers left on earth to go into hiding.
Optimus Prime (played as always by Peter Cullen) is among those in hiding after he was ambushed and almost killed. The attack trapped him in truck mode, damaged almost beyond repair.
Enter Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg), an amateur inventor who has a side business of refurbishing junk.
He discovers the truck and buys it with no knowledge of its true identity. It's only when he did some work on the core unit that seems to fuel the truck that he realises he'd purchased a Transformer.
Yeager's daughter (Nicola Peltz) and business partner Lucas (T.J. Miller) advised him to surrender Optimus Prime to the government, but he was indecisive. By the time he's made up his mind, the government had already tracked down Optimus with the black ops team led by Harold Attinger (Kelsey Grammer).
The team descended on Cade's farm and attempted to kill him just to find out where he's kept Optimus Prime. However, Optimus sprang into action, Autobot form (as shown on the movie trailer below), and fought back, endangering Cade, his daughter, even his daughter's boyfriend Shane (Jack Raynor) and Lucas.
According to Hitfix, the reason why Attinger is so willing to help Lockdown murder every last Transformer may be tied up with the work being done by a brilliant and slimy inventor played by Stanley Tucci.
Tucci has been working with samples of the metal recovered from bodies of dead Transformers, including the ruined husk that used to be Megatron. He is convinced that with his work he can now build brand-new Transformers that he can control.
However, with his plans of building an army, he would need new raw materials and Lockdown has promised him "The Seed," which should terraform a huge expanse of any surface on Earth into pure Transformanium.
According to Hitfix, the biggest new idea in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is Lockdown's allegation that there is a race of Creators who have decided to reign in the free will of Optimus Prime and the other Transformers, which makes him the bounty hunter looking to get a reward.
Amidst all the action, Variety claimed the robots in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" gives the movie its emotional heft, with their soul, character-rich physicality and almost human-scaled facial features.
Among these robots are the new Transformers Hound (John Goodman), Drift (Ken Watanabe) and Crosshairs (John DiMaggio).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports