PS4 vs. Xbox One News: Knack and the PS4's RAM, Blacklight: Retribution and Sniper Elite 3 Details
By Gel Galang | June 25, 2014 11:30 AM EST
"Knack" had been one of the PS4's most important games, and certainly one that had proven to be crucial in the development of Sony's next-gen console. In fact, new information over at Sony has revealed that if it weren't for "Knack," the PS4's RAM may be half of the 8GB that it boasts today.
People walk past the Playstation and Xbox booths at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Quoting an exclusive interview, DualShockers reports that, during the planning stage for "Knack," much of the hardware was still not set in stone for the PS4. So much so that the originally planned 4GB had been changed to its now 8GB standing in order to develop the game.
This does prove that Sony is focused on its games and not just the PS4 hardware, as the interview goes on to explain that the development of "Knack" had been rigorous, taking into consideration feedback from the community, some of which may still be used in upcoming projects in the future.
With "Knack" slated for keynotes in two events, it seems that the game is not yet finished with just the launch, and fans of the title may look forward to some more fun with it on the PS4.
The PS Plus 'Blacklight: Retribution' Pack Detailed
"Blacklight: Retribution" is finally out of beta, and a number of details are now available for players who are looking forward to playing the final version.
Over at the PlayStation Blog, it was announced that there will be new maps, a new weapon and a couple of capabilities, which will be included in the PS Plus Starter Pack. This means that PS Plus members will have access to the likes of Revival Injector, 250 ZCoins, and Burstfire SMG.
Trophies are also coming in, with at least 20 coming out with the release of "Blacklight: Retribution," and the developer has revealed that future patches will add more trophies, including Breadwinner (earned after getting 50,000 GP) and This is My Rifle (by fully customizing a primary weapon).
As far as the release date for the PS Plus Starter Pack of "Blacklight: Retribution," Sony has advised players to keep watch for confirmation. Beta participants will see their progress, stats and items earned in the game transferred to the full version of "Blacklight: Retribution."
'Sniper Elite 3' Gets a 10GB Day One Patch
Those who are looking to play "Sniper Elite 3" on the Xbox One should expect a 10GB patch coming once the game becomes available for download. However, this seems to be an upcoming issue for those who have bought their copy via retail.
According to the developer, the day one patch is necessary so that the retail data will be synced with the digital download edition of the game, in order to incorporate all of the improvements and optimisations needed. In addition, the compatibility pack needed for upcoming DLCs to work with the game has been included in the day one patch.
"While we understand gamers will be frustrated at the wait, the good news is that the update will actually reduce the size of the game's total install footprint on their hard drive, and reduce the size of future patches significantly," said Rebellion Games in their official statement, as quoted by Eurogamer.
"It's part of this ongoing optimisation process that's enabled Sniper Elite 3 to perform well at a native 1080p on both Xbox One and PS4. We appreciate everyone's patience and we firmly believe Sniper Elite 3 will be worth the wait!"
Accordingly, the PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of "Sniper Elite 3" will have smaller day one patches. Rebellion Games adds that the 10GB patch will no longer apply to the second batch of disc sold via retail or for those who are going to download the game via the Xbox Marketplace.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales