FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #45 U.S.A vs. Germany
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 25, 2014 10:09 AM EST
U.S.A 0 Germany 1
A combination photo shows Germany's Miroslav Klose executing a sommersault as he celebrates scoring a goal against Ghana during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza June 21, 2014.
The forty fifth match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between the U.S.A and Germany. The Group G match should be quite an interesting contest between the two as this will be U.S.A's golden chance to try for a berth in the "group of 16." Germany, on the other hand, may proceed to the next round even if it loses.
U.S.A: It was a last minute shock for the United States when a stunning cross by Cristiano Ronaldo helped Silvestre Varela score for Portugal and equalise at the 95th minute. It rekindled Portugal's hope to go to the next round. At the same time, it prevented the United States from celebrating its entry to the "round of 16." There is still hope for the U.S.A but now it comes with several speculations and calculations. If Ghana wins against Portugal with at least 2-goal margin and the U.S.A loses against Germany, no matter how slim the margin is, the Americans will be eliminated. If both teams have the same goal difference, the team which has scored more goals will go ahead. At the moment, the U.S.A has scored 4 goals and Ghana 3.
Germany: When Germany started its tournament, it was Portugal which faced its prowess. Its convincing 4-0 victory showed how much capable it can be in terms of goal scoring. Germany scored 60 goals in its last 21 matches. That means it scored almost 3 goals on an average in every match. The German team looked invincible. However, Ghana showed that Germany could be vulnerable. The Ghana-Germany match was spectacular. It ended in a 2-2 draw. Germany which looked so strong is yet to qualify. In fact, Group G is the only team in the tournament so far without any team which has qualified to the next round. Elimination from the group stages looks improbable for Germany but it is still possible.
Head to Head
These two teams played 9 times against each other before. Germany won 6 and the U.S.A 3. There were 36 goals scored. Germany scored 21 and the U.S. team 15.
United States: Jermaine Jones and DaMarcus Beasley
Germany: Thomas Müller and Miroslav Klose (even if he plays for 5 minutes)
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 1 pm (local time) on June 26, which means it is 2 am on June 27 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Arena Pernambuco in Recife.
Germany will score several times and the United States will fall short of German excellence. Germany will win 3-1.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build