FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #45 U.S.A vs. Germany
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 25, 2014 10:09 AM EST
U.S.A 0 Germany 1
A combination photo shows Germany's Miroslav Klose executing a sommersault as he celebrates scoring a goal against Ghana during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza June 21, 2014.
The forty fifth match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between the U.S.A and Germany. The Group G match should be quite an interesting contest between the two as this will be U.S.A's golden chance to try for a berth in the "group of 16." Germany, on the other hand, may proceed to the next round even if it loses.
U.S.A: It was a last minute shock for the United States when a stunning cross by Cristiano Ronaldo helped Silvestre Varela score for Portugal and equalise at the 95th minute. It rekindled Portugal's hope to go to the next round. At the same time, it prevented the United States from celebrating its entry to the "round of 16." There is still hope for the U.S.A but now it comes with several speculations and calculations. If Ghana wins against Portugal with at least 2-goal margin and the U.S.A loses against Germany, no matter how slim the margin is, the Americans will be eliminated. If both teams have the same goal difference, the team which has scored more goals will go ahead. At the moment, the U.S.A has scored 4 goals and Ghana 3.
Germany: When Germany started its tournament, it was Portugal which faced its prowess. Its convincing 4-0 victory showed how much capable it can be in terms of goal scoring. Germany scored 60 goals in its last 21 matches. That means it scored almost 3 goals on an average in every match. The German team looked invincible. However, Ghana showed that Germany could be vulnerable. The Ghana-Germany match was spectacular. It ended in a 2-2 draw. Germany which looked so strong is yet to qualify. In fact, Group G is the only team in the tournament so far without any team which has qualified to the next round. Elimination from the group stages looks improbable for Germany but it is still possible.
Head to Head
These two teams played 9 times against each other before. Germany won 6 and the U.S.A 3. There were 36 goals scored. Germany scored 21 and the U.S. team 15.
United States: Jermaine Jones and DaMarcus Beasley
Germany: Thomas Müller and Miroslav Klose (even if he plays for 5 minutes)
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 1 pm (local time) on June 26, which means it is 2 am on June 27 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Arena Pernambuco in Recife.
Germany will score several times and the United States will fall short of German excellence. Germany will win 3-1.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko