FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #47 Korea Republic vs. Belgium
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 25, 2014 9:10 AM EST
Korea Republic 0 Belgium 1
Belgium's King Philippe (C) poses for a selfie with Belgian national soccer team players Adnan Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini (R) after the team's 2014 World Cup Group H soccer match against Russia at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro June 22, 2014.
The forty seventh match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Korea Republic and Belgium. The Group H match should be quite an interesting contest between the two as this will be Korea Republic's last chance to try for a berth in the "group of 16." Belgium, on the other hand, will try to finish the group stage with 9 points.
Korea Republic: Korea Republic had its chances to make things better for the team's future in the tournament. However, it did not manage to take advantage of the chances it created in the last two matches. It lost to Algeria 2-4, and the defeat left a significant question mark on its possibilities of going to the next round. It was not only a defeat. It was a big defeat which exposed how vulnerable its defence could be. The result of the match left it with -2 goal difference. Its draw against Russia, however, allowed the Asian team to stay alive in the tournament. Now, it has to win, and win big against Belgium. If Algeria wins against Russia, even a win in this match won't be enough for Korea Republic. However, if Russia wins it or has a draw against Algeria, Korea Republic will still have an outside chance. There should be a 3-goal margin in its win against Belgium or more. It sounds pretty unlikely but it still is a chance.
Belgium: Belgium came to the tournament as one of the most promising teams. There were several experts who expected a lot from Belgium. It would be unfair to say that the Western European country was able to live up to the expectation. It faltered, fumbled but managed to win both the matches it played. It earned 6 vital points in the first 2 matches and ensured a place in the "round of 16." However, there is a lot to prove for a team which is often considered with high regard. This match will be Belgium's chance to prove its potential to the world. It needs a thumping victory to storm in to the next round and continue the habit of winning.
Head to Head
These two teams played 3 times against each other before. One of those ended in a draw. Belgium won the other 2. There were 7 goals scored. Belgium scored 5 and Korea Republic 2.
Korea Republic: Lee Keunho and Son Heung Min
Belgium: Divock Origi and Marouane Fellaini
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 5 pm (local time) on June 26, which means it is 6 am on June 27 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Arena de Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo.
Belgium will be convincing in its approach. Korea Republic will not be good enough. Belgium will win 3-1.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0