FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #47 Korea Republic vs. Belgium
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 25, 2014 9:10 AM EST
Korea Republic 0 Belgium 1
Belgium's King Philippe (C) poses for a selfie with Belgian national soccer team players Adnan Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini (R) after the team's 2014 World Cup Group H soccer match against Russia at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro June 22, 2014.
The forty seventh match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Korea Republic and Belgium. The Group H match should be quite an interesting contest between the two as this will be Korea Republic's last chance to try for a berth in the "group of 16." Belgium, on the other hand, will try to finish the group stage with 9 points.
Korea Republic: Korea Republic had its chances to make things better for the team's future in the tournament. However, it did not manage to take advantage of the chances it created in the last two matches. It lost to Algeria 2-4, and the defeat left a significant question mark on its possibilities of going to the next round. It was not only a defeat. It was a big defeat which exposed how vulnerable its defence could be. The result of the match left it with -2 goal difference. Its draw against Russia, however, allowed the Asian team to stay alive in the tournament. Now, it has to win, and win big against Belgium. If Algeria wins against Russia, even a win in this match won't be enough for Korea Republic. However, if Russia wins it or has a draw against Algeria, Korea Republic will still have an outside chance. There should be a 3-goal margin in its win against Belgium or more. It sounds pretty unlikely but it still is a chance.
Belgium: Belgium came to the tournament as one of the most promising teams. There were several experts who expected a lot from Belgium. It would be unfair to say that the Western European country was able to live up to the expectation. It faltered, fumbled but managed to win both the matches it played. It earned 6 vital points in the first 2 matches and ensured a place in the "round of 16." However, there is a lot to prove for a team which is often considered with high regard. This match will be Belgium's chance to prove its potential to the world. It needs a thumping victory to storm in to the next round and continue the habit of winning.
Head to Head
These two teams played 3 times against each other before. One of those ended in a draw. Belgium won the other 2. There were 7 goals scored. Belgium scored 5 and Korea Republic 2.
Korea Republic: Lee Keunho and Son Heung Min
Belgium: Divock Origi and Marouane Fellaini
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 5 pm (local time) on June 26, which means it is 6 am on June 27 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Arena de Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo.
Belgium will be convincing in its approach. Korea Republic will not be good enough. Belgium will win 3-1.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen