FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #47 Korea Republic vs. Belgium
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 25, 2014 9:10 AM EST
Korea Republic 0 Belgium 1
Belgium's King Philippe (C) poses for a selfie with Belgian national soccer team players Adnan Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini (R) after the team's 2014 World Cup Group H soccer match against Russia at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro June 22, 2014.
The forty seventh match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Korea Republic and Belgium. The Group H match should be quite an interesting contest between the two as this will be Korea Republic's last chance to try for a berth in the "group of 16." Belgium, on the other hand, will try to finish the group stage with 9 points.
Korea Republic: Korea Republic had its chances to make things better for the team's future in the tournament. However, it did not manage to take advantage of the chances it created in the last two matches. It lost to Algeria 2-4, and the defeat left a significant question mark on its possibilities of going to the next round. It was not only a defeat. It was a big defeat which exposed how vulnerable its defence could be. The result of the match left it with -2 goal difference. Its draw against Russia, however, allowed the Asian team to stay alive in the tournament. Now, it has to win, and win big against Belgium. If Algeria wins against Russia, even a win in this match won't be enough for Korea Republic. However, if Russia wins it or has a draw against Algeria, Korea Republic will still have an outside chance. There should be a 3-goal margin in its win against Belgium or more. It sounds pretty unlikely but it still is a chance.
Belgium: Belgium came to the tournament as one of the most promising teams. There were several experts who expected a lot from Belgium. It would be unfair to say that the Western European country was able to live up to the expectation. It faltered, fumbled but managed to win both the matches it played. It earned 6 vital points in the first 2 matches and ensured a place in the "round of 16." However, there is a lot to prove for a team which is often considered with high regard. This match will be Belgium's chance to prove its potential to the world. It needs a thumping victory to storm in to the next round and continue the habit of winning.
Head to Head
These two teams played 3 times against each other before. One of those ended in a draw. Belgium won the other 2. There were 7 goals scored. Belgium scored 5 and Korea Republic 2.
Korea Republic: Lee Keunho and Son Heung Min
Belgium: Divock Origi and Marouane Fellaini
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 5 pm (local time) on June 26, which means it is 6 am on June 27 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Arena de Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo.
Belgium will be convincing in its approach. Korea Republic will not be good enough. Belgium will win 3-1.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate