World Cup 2014: McDonald’s FIFA Soccer Advert Goes Viral With 4.5 Million Hits in 1 Month
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 25, 2014 9:08 AM EST
A 1-minute, 50-second commercial released by fastfood giant McDonald's for the ongoing World Cup 2014 in Brazil has gone viral, logging more than 4.6 million hits in YouTube after one month it was posted.
Germany's Jerome Boateng (20) kicks the ball next to Portugal's Andre Almeida during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador, June 16, 2014.
Featuring trick shots, the advert shows different kinds of people such as cute children, sexy women in high heels and a senior citizen riding a motorised scooter playing with a football and shooting the ball into different kinds of goals.
While the goals made were obviously the result of camera tricks, particularly the ball landing smack into a passing truck kicked from a pedestrian overpass, many viewers considered the advert fun for celebrating the sport of soccer.
The Daily Mail identified the 10-year-old boy who kicked the ball into a tiny basked on a moving escalator as Ciaran Duffy, who is now popularly called the Irish Messi.
McDonald's is one of the official sponsors of the FIFA World Cup, which is getting more exciting as it approaches the finals.
Host country Brazil and Mexico are tied up with 7 points in Group A, the Netherlands leads Group B with 9 points, Colombia topbills Group C with 6 points, Costa Rica is the leader in Group D with 6 points also, ditto with Group E leader France, Group F leader Argentina and Group H leader Belgium, while Group G leader Germany has 4 points.
Brazil is the heavy favourite to win the championship trophy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Black Friday Ad 2014 Update: Walmart Black Friday Store Maps Which Have In-Store Information On Deals And Doorbusters Officially Released [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target Black Friday 2014 Store Maps App Featuring In-Store Deals And Doorbusters Available Now On Apple Store And Google Play Store, Plus Check Out The Target Black Friday 2014 Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- Gina Rinehart Loses Bid To Keep Family Feud Lawsuit Details Private; 2 Estranged Children Seek Millions In Mining Profit
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots