World Cup 2014: McDonald’s FIFA Soccer Advert Goes Viral With 4.5 Million Hits in 1 Month
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 25, 2014 9:08 AM EST
A 1-minute, 50-second commercial released by fastfood giant McDonald's for the ongoing World Cup 2014 in Brazil has gone viral, logging more than 4.6 million hits in YouTube after one month it was posted.
Germany's Jerome Boateng (20) kicks the ball next to Portugal's Andre Almeida during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador, June 16, 2014.
Featuring trick shots, the advert shows different kinds of people such as cute children, sexy women in high heels and a senior citizen riding a motorised scooter playing with a football and shooting the ball into different kinds of goals.
While the goals made were obviously the result of camera tricks, particularly the ball landing smack into a passing truck kicked from a pedestrian overpass, many viewers considered the advert fun for celebrating the sport of soccer.
The Daily Mail identified the 10-year-old boy who kicked the ball into a tiny basked on a moving escalator as Ciaran Duffy, who is now popularly called the Irish Messi.
McDonald's is one of the official sponsors of the FIFA World Cup, which is getting more exciting as it approaches the finals.
Host country Brazil and Mexico are tied up with 7 points in Group A, the Netherlands leads Group B with 9 points, Colombia topbills Group C with 6 points, Costa Rica is the leader in Group D with 6 points also, ditto with Group E leader France, Group F leader Argentina and Group H leader Belgium, while Group G leader Germany has 4 points.
Brazil is the heavy favourite to win the championship trophy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS