World Cup 2014: McDonald’s FIFA Soccer Advert Goes Viral With 4.5 Million Hits in 1 Month
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 25, 2014 9:08 AM EST
A 1-minute, 50-second commercial released by fastfood giant McDonald's for the ongoing World Cup 2014 in Brazil has gone viral, logging more than 4.6 million hits in YouTube after one month it was posted.
Germany's Jerome Boateng (20) kicks the ball next to Portugal's Andre Almeida during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador, June 16, 2014.
Featuring trick shots, the advert shows different kinds of people such as cute children, sexy women in high heels and a senior citizen riding a motorised scooter playing with a football and shooting the ball into different kinds of goals.
While the goals made were obviously the result of camera tricks, particularly the ball landing smack into a passing truck kicked from a pedestrian overpass, many viewers considered the advert fun for celebrating the sport of soccer.
The Daily Mail identified the 10-year-old boy who kicked the ball into a tiny basked on a moving escalator as Ciaran Duffy, who is now popularly called the Irish Messi.
McDonald's is one of the official sponsors of the FIFA World Cup, which is getting more exciting as it approaches the finals.
Host country Brazil and Mexico are tied up with 7 points in Group A, the Netherlands leads Group B with 9 points, Colombia topbills Group C with 6 points, Costa Rica is the leader in Group D with 6 points also, ditto with Group E leader France, Group F leader Argentina and Group H leader Belgium, while Group G leader Germany has 4 points.
Brazil is the heavy favourite to win the championship trophy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date