Big Brother U.S. (BB) Season 16 (2014) Spoilers: Top 6 Reasons Why Fans Should Not Miss the Premiere and the Show [Video]
By jaskiran kaur | June 25, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Fan-favourite reality TV show is back. Yes! Its time for Big Brother (BB) Season 16 (2014) that is returning with new cast, new house, new rules and exciting new twists. "Big Brother" is one of the most popular reality show with all those elements that make it a full-on entertaining show-drama, emotions, confessions, secrets, fights, love, competition and a lot more. CBS' Big Brother Season 16 promises to bring all that and more. Here are top 6 reasons why fans should not miss the show that premieres on Wednesday, June 25, 2014. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from Big Brother (BB) Season 16 (2014) Premiere. Read at your own risk.
1. New Cast: Big Brother (BB) Season 16 (2014) is returning after a year long hiatus with 16 new contestants vying for the ultimate prize and title. The cast features an exciting combination of people from all walks of life. There is a 33-year-old minister, a 27-year-old makeup artist and a DJ, a 26-year-old hunting guide, young college graduates and pop diva Ariana Grande's brother.
2. New House- One of the most exciting part of "Big Brother" is the residence where the players reside. The house changes every year and is designed lavishly based on a theme. As described by host Julie Chen, this year's "Big Brother" house is an "urban tree house" backed with all the facilities. Rooms of the house are divided according to the four natural elements: water, wind, fire and earth. This season the house has 76 high definition cameras, which means 11 more than the last year and more than Superbowl and Oscars. There is a beehive room and a butcher block island in the kitchen. Also, the head of Household gets his/her own private suite which has a bed in the shape of a cozy bird nest. Take a tour of the house by viewing the video posted below.
3. New Rules and Twists: "Big Brother" (BB) Season 16 (2014) will introduce some interesting twists as revealed by Julie Chen on Wednesday episode of "The Talk." Show's long-time host revealed that fans will play a major role in the "game's outcome" (via TV Guide.) Also, Season 16 will have two houseguests as "Head of Household" each week. Even though these HoH will get the privilege of nominating two others for eviction, the HoHs will not be "automatically safe for the week."
Another new twist introduces "Team America." This is an "interactive element" that will let viewers be a part of the show. More details about this new twist will be revealed during the "Big Brother" Season 16 (2014) premiere (Episode 1).
Furthermore, there is something called "Battle of the Block." The element is said to accentuate the level of competition amongst the players by dramatically shifting the powers. As they say it "Expect the unexpected."
4. Romance, Hookups, Plotting, Scheming and more: "Big Brother" 16 features 16 players from different backgrounds, cultures, experiences and psyche. Imagine what will happen when they are cut-off from the entire world and all they have is each other to survive for 90+ days. Human emotions and tendencies are bound to manifest in their behaviours. There will be love, romance, hookups, hatred, rivalry, betrayal and a lot more at the same place and at the same time. To add to the fun, there will be new challenges and battles to win the $500,000 prize.
5. Controversies: Each year several controversies surface during the season. But this year, even before the premiere of "Big Brother" Season 16 (2014) a controversy is already heating up and there is a contestant who has created quite a buzz in the media. 26-year-old Caleb Reynolds is caught up in storm for allegedly for posting some "racist comments" on his Instagram page. He not only dissed U.S. President Obama but also attacked Muslims, African Americans and Homosexuals, according to Celebrity Dirty Laundry. The post has since been deleted.
6. Julie Chen: Fan-favourite Julie Chen will return to the "Big Brother" (BB) yet again for series' sixteenth season. Chen has been hosting the show since it first debuted on the channel and her hosting skills, glamourous looks and sense-of-humour makes it worth-watching. Watching Julie hosting the show is one of the top reasons why fans should not miss CBS' "Big Brother" Season 16.
"Big Brother" (BB) Season 16 (2014) Premiere (Episode 1) airs on June 25, 2014 at 8:00 pm on CBS.
Video:Big Brother Julie Chen House Tour
Credit: YouTube.com/ Big Brother
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6