Nexus 6, Nexus 9 (Nexus 8) Release Date, Specifications, Features, And Price Roundup
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 25, 2014 8:17 AM EST
Speculations surrounding the release of Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 (also known as Nexus 8) from Google are rife. It was once reported that Google will not be making Nexus 6 smartphone, instead, a brand new Android Silver range of devices will be released.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014. Google has taken the first steps to meet a European ruling that citizens can have objectionable links removed from Internet search results, a ruling that pleased privacy campaigners but raised fears that the right can be abused to hide negative information.
Meanwhile, the company LG has denied the rumors that it is making Google's upcoming Nexus device. If rumors were true, HTC could be making Google's Nexus 6 smartphone. Nexus 9 (Nexus 8), on the other hand, is back in news with killer specs and price details along with the expected release date.
According to Ausdroid, a source close to Google claims that the search giant is definitely working on the Nexus device. Also, the Nexus 6 release date is set for October or November 2014. The device is expected to boast a whopping 5.5-inches screen and it is rumoured to come with QHD display. The other salient specifications include a quad core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) Krait 450 processor clocked at 2.7 GHz, superior 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage.
In addition to Nexus 6, several reports point to HTC as the maker of Google's upcoming Nexus 9 tablet, codenamed Volantis/Flounder. The speculated Nexus 9 features include an 8.9-inches display with a whopping 2,048 x 1,440 pixels screen resolution and the pixel density stands at 281 ppi. The device will be powered by a 64-bit NVIDIA Logan (Tegra K1) processor and it houses a 2 GB of RAM. The tablet will come with 16 GB and 32 GB of internal storage.
In addition, the Nexus 9 will house an 8-megapixel primary camera with optical image stabilization and a 3-megapixel secondary camera. And the tablet will run on the latest Android OS. The device is 7.9 mm thick and it weighs 418g (Wi-Fi variant) or 427g (LTE variant), according to Android Police.
The Nexus 9 release date is slated for summer 2014. It is worth noting that, unlike the predecessor, the upcoming Nexus 9 will feature a high-quality aluminum build.
The Wi-Fi variant of Nexus 9 16 GB is priced at US$399, while the 32 GB model is priced at US$499 and the LTE variant is expected to cost in the range of US$600+.
To check out the leaked Nexus 9 image head to Android Police. What do you think of the Nexus device? Feel free to leave a comment?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid