Premier League Transfer News: Fulham Defender Signs with Hertha Berlin
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 24, 2014 11:49 PM EST
Fulham defender John Heitinga has recently signed with Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin on a free-transfer, as the cottagers were relegated to the Championship after remaining in the Premier League since 2001.
The 30-year-old former Ajax standout penned a two-year deal with the Blue-Whites, and is very much looking forward to his first game in Germany.
"It's impressive, really impressive," the Dutchman told Sky Sports.
"I desperately wanted to move to the Bundesliga, which is why I'm really looking forward to playing for Hertha Berlin."
Heitinga also had stints with Atletico Madrid and Everton, while receiving 87 caps from the national squad, and will be looking to pass on wisdom to his younger teammates gained from his experiences.
"I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of the team and the great fans. After Amsterdam, Madrid and London, Berlin is now the next major capital in which I can further my career," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS