Premier League Transfer News: Fulham Defender Signs with Hertha Berlin
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 24, 2014 11:49 PM EST
Fulham defender John Heitinga has recently signed with Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin on a free-transfer, as the cottagers were relegated to the Championship after remaining in the Premier League since 2001.
The 30-year-old former Ajax standout penned a two-year deal with the Blue-Whites, and is very much looking forward to his first game in Germany.
"It's impressive, really impressive," the Dutchman told Sky Sports.
"I desperately wanted to move to the Bundesliga, which is why I'm really looking forward to playing for Hertha Berlin."
Heitinga also had stints with Atletico Madrid and Everton, while receiving 87 caps from the national squad, and will be looking to pass on wisdom to his younger teammates gained from his experiences.
"I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of the team and the great fans. After Amsterdam, Madrid and London, Berlin is now the next major capital in which I can further my career," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen