Premier League Transfer News: Fulham Defender Signs with Hertha Berlin
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 24, 2014 11:49 PM EST
Fulham defender John Heitinga has recently signed with Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin on a free-transfer, as the cottagers were relegated to the Championship after remaining in the Premier League since 2001.
The 30-year-old former Ajax standout penned a two-year deal with the Blue-Whites, and is very much looking forward to his first game in Germany.
"It's impressive, really impressive," the Dutchman told Sky Sports.
"I desperately wanted to move to the Bundesliga, which is why I'm really looking forward to playing for Hertha Berlin."
Heitinga also had stints with Atletico Madrid and Everton, while receiving 87 caps from the national squad, and will be looking to pass on wisdom to his younger teammates gained from his experiences.
"I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of the team and the great fans. After Amsterdam, Madrid and London, Berlin is now the next major capital in which I can further my career," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money