Canada Day: Mandarin Restaurant Offers Free for All Buffet
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | June 24, 2014 11:33 PM EST
Chinese-Canadian restaurant Mandarin, in celebration of Canada Day and its 35th anniversary, will be holding a Canada Day free-for-all buffet.
The restaurant will especially add a Celebrate Canada menu to its buffet from July 2 to 31, including poutine, tourtiere, bannock, maple-glazed salmon, blueberry pie, maple walnut ice cream and more.
Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper (R) walks with the Aga Khan, spiritual leader of Ismaili Muslims, in the Hall of Honour on Parliament Hill in Ottawa February 27, 2014.
All 22 Ontario locations, each serving over 150 items on the buffet, are involved in the feeding frenzy which starts at noon. Mandarin said it expects to serve over 50,000 sweet-and-sour chicken balls, 30,000 spring rolls and 30,000 fortune cookies.
There's a catch, however,
Not all people can make a mad dash for the free-for-all buffet. Mandarin has set conditions. To avail of the food for free, one must show a Canadian birth certificate, passport or citizenship card.
Other conditions of the Canada Day free-for-all buffet can be found here.
Mandarin Restaurant's Web site is here.
James Chiu, George Chiu, Diana Chiu and K.C. Chang, four immigrants from Taiwan and China, founded the restaurant 35 years ago, creating a small à la carte restaurant in Brampton.
This is not the first time Mandarin Restaurant will hold a day-long free buffet to commemorate Canada Day. The very first was on July 1, 2009. Its owners said they hold this kind of event once every five years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Update: Conspiracy To Withhold Full Cargo Manifest Still Alight
- MH370 Oct 23 Update: Public Reports Debris Washed Up In Australian Coastline
- Tasmania Ranks No. 4 In Lonely Planet’s 'Top 10 Regions In The World To Visit In 2015' List
- Lonely Planet Lists Top Ten Countries To Visit in 2015
- Missing Sydney Father–Daughter In Nepal Blizzard Call Home
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports