Canada Day: Mandarin Restaurant Offers Free for All Buffet
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | June 24, 2014 11:33 PM EST
Chinese-Canadian restaurant Mandarin, in celebration of Canada Day and its 35th anniversary, will be holding a Canada Day free-for-all buffet.
The restaurant will especially add a Celebrate Canada menu to its buffet from July 2 to 31, including poutine, tourtiere, bannock, maple-glazed salmon, blueberry pie, maple walnut ice cream and more.
Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper (R) walks with the Aga Khan, spiritual leader of Ismaili Muslims, in the Hall of Honour on Parliament Hill in Ottawa February 27, 2014.
All 22 Ontario locations, each serving over 150 items on the buffet, are involved in the feeding frenzy which starts at noon. Mandarin said it expects to serve over 50,000 sweet-and-sour chicken balls, 30,000 spring rolls and 30,000 fortune cookies.
There's a catch, however,
Not all people can make a mad dash for the free-for-all buffet. Mandarin has set conditions. To avail of the food for free, one must show a Canadian birth certificate, passport or citizenship card.
Other conditions of the Canada Day free-for-all buffet can be found here.
Mandarin Restaurant's Web site is here.
James Chiu, George Chiu, Diana Chiu and K.C. Chang, four immigrants from Taiwan and China, founded the restaurant 35 years ago, creating a small à la carte restaurant in Brampton.
This is not the first time Mandarin Restaurant will hold a day-long free buffet to commemorate Canada Day. The very first was on July 1, 2009. Its owners said they hold this kind of event once every five years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- MH17: Pro-Russian Rebel Confesses Firing on Plane by Mistake
- What May Have Happened to Malaysia Airlines MH17: 5 Strangest Conspiracy Theories; Crash Victim Had Frightening ‘Premonition’
- Another Missing Jet: Air Algeria Disappears With 116 on Board
- Refloated Italy Cruise Ship Costa Concordia Embarks Final Voyage, Bids Port of Giglio for the Very Last Time (PHOTOS)
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russians Feel Glut Over Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories on Downed Jet
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales