Canada Day: Mandarin Restaurant Offers Free for All Buffet
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | June 24, 2014 11:33 PM EST
Chinese-Canadian restaurant Mandarin, in celebration of Canada Day and its 35th anniversary, will be holding a Canada Day free-for-all buffet.
The restaurant will especially add a Celebrate Canada menu to its buffet from July 2 to 31, including poutine, tourtiere, bannock, maple-glazed salmon, blueberry pie, maple walnut ice cream and more.
Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper (R) walks with the Aga Khan, spiritual leader of Ismaili Muslims, in the Hall of Honour on Parliament Hill in Ottawa February 27, 2014.
All 22 Ontario locations, each serving over 150 items on the buffet, are involved in the feeding frenzy which starts at noon. Mandarin said it expects to serve over 50,000 sweet-and-sour chicken balls, 30,000 spring rolls and 30,000 fortune cookies.
There's a catch, however,
Not all people can make a mad dash for the free-for-all buffet. Mandarin has set conditions. To avail of the food for free, one must show a Canadian birth certificate, passport or citizenship card.
Other conditions of the Canada Day free-for-all buffet can be found here.
Mandarin Restaurant's Web site is here.
James Chiu, George Chiu, Diana Chiu and K.C. Chang, four immigrants from Taiwan and China, founded the restaurant 35 years ago, creating a small à la carte restaurant in Brampton.
This is not the first time Mandarin Restaurant will hold a day-long free buffet to commemorate Canada Day. The very first was on July 1, 2009. Its owners said they hold this kind of event once every five years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage