Teen Wolf Season 4, Episode 1 The Dark Moon Recap/Spoilers: The Save Derek Mission in Mexico
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 24, 2014 10:14 PM EST
"Teen Wolf" is back with the brand new Season 4 where it begins with Scott (Tyler Posey) and his pack moving on with their life after the terrible events that happened in Season 3. However, one of their friends went missing and the teenagers are willing to look for him and bring him back to Beacon Hills even if the roads lead them to Mexico.
Spoiler Alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "Teen Wolf" Season 4, Episode 1 titled "The Dark Moon." The premiere episode kicks off with Stiles (Dylan O'Brien) and Lydia (Holland Roden) in Mexico searching for the person that they think took Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin) and execute an exchange.
Stiles and Lydia were taken to Araya (Ivonne Coll) but the leader of the Mexican hunters told the two teenagers that it was not a good idea for them to come alone. "What makes you think we came alone?" Stiles asked and the next scenes showed Malia (Shelley Hennig), Kira (Arden Cho) and True Alpha werewolf Scott also in Mexico for the "Save Derek Mission."
Araya told Lydia and Stiles that their gang came at a terrible time called the Dark Moon where it is described to be a time for grief and loss. It has reminded the pack of Allison's (Crystal Reed) tragic death in Season 3. "I wonder why, when you and your friends have suffered so much loss, you would risk it again for someone like Derek Hale?" Araya stated.
The leader of the hunters managed to take Scott and his pack into custody and find out what kind of Alpha Scott really is. Araya has expressed interest as well in Lydia's Banshee abilities.
Meanwhile, Scott has figured out that Araya does not have Derek and the Mexican hunter wants to test Scott's capabilities by torturing him. It turns out the person they should look for in order to find Derek is Kate Argent (Jill Wagner), who survived Peter Hale's (Ian Bohen) attack to become a were-jaguar.
Then, Araya decided to help Scott reach the church called La Iglesia to fulfill their mission with Braeden (Meagan Tandy) as their guide. It turns out the hunter already know the answers to the burning questions. On the way to the church, Stiles' jeep breaks down when an object hit the vehicle.
Scott and Braeden headed to the church while Stiles fixed his jeep. Malia sensed there was something out in the desert and Kira saw the creature. Malia took after the creature and Kira followed to stop the still-adjusting were-coyote.
The mysterious creature gave Malia a deep cut and the were-coyote was not able to see what attacked her because she described the creature to be something big and fast. Scott and Braeden were fighting off a scary creature living underneath the La Iglesia church which Braeden explained to be the Aztec temple that belonged to the Nagual or were-jaguars.
To scare the creature attacking them at the temple, Scott used his Alpha werewolf howl and the duo succeeded in finding the place where Derek was kept and save him. However, Scott and Braeden were shocked to see the person reaching out to them.
The jeep finally got fixed and Stiles drove to the church to pick up Scott and Derek but the group was stunned to see that Scott and Braeden was helping out the younger version of Derek Hale (portrayed by actor Ian Nelson).
The ending scene of the premiere episode will surely have the fans asking what happened to Derek to make him go back in time. It may have something to do with the mythology of the temple and the resurrected were-jaguar Kate Argent.
Find out what will happen next in "Teen Wolf" Season 4 when the supernatural TV series return with Episode 2 on Monday night, June 30, at 10 pm ET on MTV.
More Articles to Read:
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Lydia to Master Her Banshee Powers, Malia Struggles to Fit in at Beacon Hills High - [READ]
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Araya Tortures Scott to Get Information on Derek's Abductor and a Shapeshifter, Watch Sneak Peek Video for Episode 1 'The Dark Moon' - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: MTV Teases New Season's Opening Credits with Shelley Hennig and Arden Cho [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display