Better Call Saul: Aaron Paul ‘Not’ Doing First Season of Breaking Bad Prequel
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 24, 2014 9:32 PM EST
"Better Call Saul," the spin-off of AMC's cult series "Breaking Bad," is one of the most anticipated new shows, and it is no secret that Aaron Paul is keen on reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Jesse Pinkman in it. But, it looks like that is not happening, not at least in Season 1 of "Better Call Saul."
There were reports about Paul having a serious talk with Vince Gillian, the creator of "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul," about the possibility of reprising his Pinkman role. However, Paul has said that there are rumours about he doing the show, but that is not the case. In an interview with HuffPost Entertainment, the actor said, "To be honest, it's not gonna happen. There's rumours floating around that I'm going to be doing it, but that's simply not the case. [...] I mean, I'm trying to let it be on the record."
"Better Call Saul" is a prequel to "Breaking Bad." It stars Bob Odenkirk. He will be reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Saul Goodman. The new show is set in a time before Saul met Walter White, played by Bryan Cranston.
Paul remains hopeful that he and Cranston might get to reprise their characters, again. He said to Huffington Post, "I hope we might be able to play our character again in "Better Call Saul," but that's not solidified."
He also revealed that there is no plan yet for Pinkman and White to appear in Season 1. However, Paul did not rule out the possibility of these two characters appearing in the future seasons of "Better Call Saul."
"It's not set in stone, there's no plan of Jesse or Walt making an appearance in the first season of "Better Call Saul." ... who knows? Maybe in the future seasons," Paul said to Huffington Post.
"Better Call Saul" will not be debuting this year, as was expected. The first season, consisting of 10 episodes, is set to premiere in 2015. AMC has renewed the show for Season 2, as well. The Season 2 will consist of 13 episodes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]