Better Call Saul: Aaron Paul ‘Not’ Doing First Season of Breaking Bad Prequel
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 24, 2014 9:32 PM EST
"Better Call Saul," the spin-off of AMC's cult series "Breaking Bad," is one of the most anticipated new shows, and it is no secret that Aaron Paul is keen on reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Jesse Pinkman in it. But, it looks like that is not happening, not at least in Season 1 of "Better Call Saul."
There were reports about Paul having a serious talk with Vince Gillian, the creator of "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul," about the possibility of reprising his Pinkman role. However, Paul has said that there are rumours about he doing the show, but that is not the case. In an interview with HuffPost Entertainment, the actor said, "To be honest, it's not gonna happen. There's rumours floating around that I'm going to be doing it, but that's simply not the case. [...] I mean, I'm trying to let it be on the record."
"Better Call Saul" is a prequel to "Breaking Bad." It stars Bob Odenkirk. He will be reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Saul Goodman. The new show is set in a time before Saul met Walter White, played by Bryan Cranston.
Paul remains hopeful that he and Cranston might get to reprise their characters, again. He said to Huffington Post, "I hope we might be able to play our character again in "Better Call Saul," but that's not solidified."
He also revealed that there is no plan yet for Pinkman and White to appear in Season 1. However, Paul did not rule out the possibility of these two characters appearing in the future seasons of "Better Call Saul."
"It's not set in stone, there's no plan of Jesse or Walt making an appearance in the first season of "Better Call Saul." ... who knows? Maybe in the future seasons," Paul said to Huffington Post.
"Better Call Saul" will not be debuting this year, as was expected. The first season, consisting of 10 episodes, is set to premiere in 2015. AMC has renewed the show for Season 2, as well. The Season 2 will consist of 13 episodes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date