Under the Dome Season 2: Stephen King Admits He Was Jealous of Game of Thrones’ Writer
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 24, 2014 9:29 PM EST
Stephen King has written the premiere episode of "Under the Dome" Season 2, which is titled "Heads Will Roll." It was jealousy that has made him pen down the first episode of the show that is based on his book of the same name.
In an interview with Los Angeles Times, the prolific, well-known writer revealed that he wrote the first episode of "Under the Dome" Season 2 because he "knew that George R.R. Martin had written a few episodes of "Game of Thrones," and I was very jealous."
The writer also said that it's a "no-lose situation" for him, as "If it's good, I just say it was based on my work. If it's bad, I just say, 'Well, that wasn't my idea'."
King has said that by writing the first episode he has "set the arc in motion for the season. Also, he said that it gave him a "little more input into what was going to happen."
He has also written a role for himself in the premiere episode. He will be seen making a cameo appearance in "Heads Will Roll."
Talking about putting King in the writer's chair for the first episode, Neal Baer, creator of the show, said to Los Angeles Times, ""We thought this would be a great way to solidify the support of the fans but also put his creativity and imagination to work. Stephen is very supportive and collaborative and has always said to us from the beginning, 'It's your baby'."
"Under the Dome" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on June 30, 2014. King has warned that no one is safe in Season 2. Baer has confirmed that there are two deaths in the first episode, but this does not mean that the dead will remain dead.
Meanwhile, Dean Norris, who plays Big Jim, has confirmed that there is some killing in the upcoming, new season of "Under the Dome." In an interview with ET, the actor said, "there be some killing ... and Big Jim is usually the guy whose killing. Yeah, we take some people out. We have a high body count, this year too."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List