Boxing News 2014 - Golden Boy Promotions Confident Porter-Brook Bout Will Happen in Next 2 Months
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 24, 2014 6:48 PM EST
International Boxing Federation (IBF) welterweight champion Shawn Porter is set to face Kell Brook in an unnamed date and venue according to promoter Erik Gomez.
"There's a deal in place, and we're just fine-tuning some things, but the fight is going to happen," Gomez of Golden Boy Promotions said to RingTV.com. "The fight is going to take place within the next couple of months and we're just finalizing details with Showtime and everything, but the fight will happen."
Porter has a record of 24 wins, zero losses and a draw with 15 knockouts and was ordered by the IBF for his second title defense against the undefeated Brook (32-0, 22 knockouts) of England.
Initial date and venue of the title fight was on August 9 at the Barclays Center in New York but that has since been taken over by the card featuring junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, featherweight titlist Lamont Peterson and middleweight Danny Jacobs with the trio facing separate opponents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown