Ellen Degeneres Won 8th Emmy Award, Planning to Release Own Monthly Magazine Managed by Wife Portia De Rossi
By Annie Dee | June 24, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Ellen DeGeneres already proved she can do everything, be an actress, a talk show host and a comedienne, but she still shows no signs of stopping. Her show won big on the recently concluded Emmy Awards, scooping up its 8th Daytime Emmy. It has also been reported that like Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres is set to get her own monthly magazine and having this managed by her wife, Portia De Rossi.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
Ellen DeGeneres or specifically, her talk show, "The Ellen DeGeneres" scooped up its eighth award under the Entertainment Talk Show category.
The awards show was not aired on national TV but fans were still able to keep abreast of the fate of their favourite shows via online streaming, Techsonia reports. According to BBC, this "reflects dwindling audiences for daytime television." For the years 2012 and 2013, it can still be remembered that the awards show aired on cable channel HLN.
Aside from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Steve Harry Show" was also notable. It won under the the Outstanding Informative Talk Show category. Steve Harry himself earned the best game show host for the show "Family Feud."
Seems like Ellen Degeneres is not satisfied with what she currently achieved. According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry, the talk show host is set on getting her own monthly magazine. Not only that, reports claimed that she wants this magazine to be managed by Portia de Rossi so that her wife will be more occupied and those divorce rumours against them can dwindle down.
Rumours of famous lesbian couple, Ellen and Portia de Rossi have been swirling for months. Ellen herself took time to quell these reports. Ellen Degeneres claimed to People, that she is more in love with her wife now compared to the time when she married her.
"The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do. She surprises me all the time," the 2014 Oscar host told the news site. "It's what anyone experiences when you find that person that gets you, wants to take care of you, wants the best for you. We're really lucky because we know how rare it is."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports