Ellen Degeneres Won 8th Emmy Award, Planning to Release Own Monthly Magazine Managed by Wife Portia De Rossi
By Annie Dee | June 24, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Ellen DeGeneres already proved she can do everything, be an actress, a talk show host and a comedienne, but she still shows no signs of stopping. Her show won big on the recently concluded Emmy Awards, scooping up its 8th Daytime Emmy. It has also been reported that like Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres is set to get her own monthly magazine and having this managed by her wife, Portia De Rossi.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
Ellen DeGeneres or specifically, her talk show, "The Ellen DeGeneres" scooped up its eighth award under the Entertainment Talk Show category.
The awards show was not aired on national TV but fans were still able to keep abreast of the fate of their favourite shows via online streaming, Techsonia reports. According to BBC, this "reflects dwindling audiences for daytime television." For the years 2012 and 2013, it can still be remembered that the awards show aired on cable channel HLN.
Aside from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Steve Harry Show" was also notable. It won under the the Outstanding Informative Talk Show category. Steve Harry himself earned the best game show host for the show "Family Feud."
Seems like Ellen Degeneres is not satisfied with what she currently achieved. According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry, the talk show host is set on getting her own monthly magazine. Not only that, reports claimed that she wants this magazine to be managed by Portia de Rossi so that her wife will be more occupied and those divorce rumours against them can dwindle down.
Rumours of famous lesbian couple, Ellen and Portia de Rossi have been swirling for months. Ellen herself took time to quell these reports. Ellen Degeneres claimed to People, that she is more in love with her wife now compared to the time when she married her.
"The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do. She surprises me all the time," the 2014 Oscar host told the news site. "It's what anyone experiences when you find that person that gets you, wants to take care of you, wants the best for you. We're really lucky because we know how rare it is."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch