Ellen Degeneres Won 8th Emmy Award, Planning to Release Own Monthly Magazine Managed by Wife Portia De Rossi
By Annie Dee | June 24, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Ellen DeGeneres already proved she can do everything, be an actress, a talk show host and a comedienne, but she still shows no signs of stopping. Her show won big on the recently concluded Emmy Awards, scooping up its 8th Daytime Emmy. It has also been reported that like Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres is set to get her own monthly magazine and having this managed by her wife, Portia De Rossi.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
Ellen DeGeneres or specifically, her talk show, "The Ellen DeGeneres" scooped up its eighth award under the Entertainment Talk Show category.
The awards show was not aired on national TV but fans were still able to keep abreast of the fate of their favourite shows via online streaming, Techsonia reports. According to BBC, this "reflects dwindling audiences for daytime television." For the years 2012 and 2013, it can still be remembered that the awards show aired on cable channel HLN.
Aside from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Steve Harry Show" was also notable. It won under the the Outstanding Informative Talk Show category. Steve Harry himself earned the best game show host for the show "Family Feud."
Seems like Ellen Degeneres is not satisfied with what she currently achieved. According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry, the talk show host is set on getting her own monthly magazine. Not only that, reports claimed that she wants this magazine to be managed by Portia de Rossi so that her wife will be more occupied and those divorce rumours against them can dwindle down.
Rumours of famous lesbian couple, Ellen and Portia de Rossi have been swirling for months. Ellen herself took time to quell these reports. Ellen Degeneres claimed to People, that she is more in love with her wife now compared to the time when she married her.
"The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do. She surprises me all the time," the 2014 Oscar host told the news site. "It's what anyone experiences when you find that person that gets you, wants to take care of you, wants the best for you. We're really lucky because we know how rare it is."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People