Ellen Degeneres Won 8th Emmy Award, Planning to Release Own Monthly Magazine Managed by Wife Portia De Rossi
By Annie Dee | June 24, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Ellen DeGeneres already proved she can do everything, be an actress, a talk show host and a comedienne, but she still shows no signs of stopping. Her show won big on the recently concluded Emmy Awards, scooping up its 8th Daytime Emmy. It has also been reported that like Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres is set to get her own monthly magazine and having this managed by her wife, Portia De Rossi.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
Ellen DeGeneres or specifically, her talk show, "The Ellen DeGeneres" scooped up its eighth award under the Entertainment Talk Show category.
The awards show was not aired on national TV but fans were still able to keep abreast of the fate of their favourite shows via online streaming, Techsonia reports. According to BBC, this "reflects dwindling audiences for daytime television." For the years 2012 and 2013, it can still be remembered that the awards show aired on cable channel HLN.
Aside from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Steve Harry Show" was also notable. It won under the the Outstanding Informative Talk Show category. Steve Harry himself earned the best game show host for the show "Family Feud."
Seems like Ellen Degeneres is not satisfied with what she currently achieved. According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry, the talk show host is set on getting her own monthly magazine. Not only that, reports claimed that she wants this magazine to be managed by Portia de Rossi so that her wife will be more occupied and those divorce rumours against them can dwindle down.
Rumours of famous lesbian couple, Ellen and Portia de Rossi have been swirling for months. Ellen herself took time to quell these reports. Ellen Degeneres claimed to People, that she is more in love with her wife now compared to the time when she married her.
"The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do. She surprises me all the time," the 2014 Oscar host told the news site. "It's what anyone experiences when you find that person that gets you, wants to take care of you, wants the best for you. We're really lucky because we know how rare it is."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff