Ellen Degeneres Won 8th Emmy Award, Planning to Release Own Monthly Magazine Managed by Wife Portia De Rossi
By Annie Dee | June 24, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Ellen DeGeneres already proved she can do everything, be an actress, a talk show host and a comedienne, but she still shows no signs of stopping. Her show won big on the recently concluded Emmy Awards, scooping up its 8th Daytime Emmy. It has also been reported that like Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres is set to get her own monthly magazine and having this managed by her wife, Portia De Rossi.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
Ellen DeGeneres or specifically, her talk show, "The Ellen DeGeneres" scooped up its eighth award under the Entertainment Talk Show category.
The awards show was not aired on national TV but fans were still able to keep abreast of the fate of their favourite shows via online streaming, Techsonia reports. According to BBC, this "reflects dwindling audiences for daytime television." For the years 2012 and 2013, it can still be remembered that the awards show aired on cable channel HLN.
Aside from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the "Steve Harry Show" was also notable. It won under the the Outstanding Informative Talk Show category. Steve Harry himself earned the best game show host for the show "Family Feud."
Seems like Ellen Degeneres is not satisfied with what she currently achieved. According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry, the talk show host is set on getting her own monthly magazine. Not only that, reports claimed that she wants this magazine to be managed by Portia de Rossi so that her wife will be more occupied and those divorce rumours against them can dwindle down.
Rumours of famous lesbian couple, Ellen and Portia de Rossi have been swirling for months. Ellen herself took time to quell these reports. Ellen Degeneres claimed to People, that she is more in love with her wife now compared to the time when she married her.
"The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do. She surprises me all the time," the 2014 Oscar host told the news site. "It's what anyone experiences when you find that person that gets you, wants to take care of you, wants the best for you. We're really lucky because we know how rare it is."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up