Divergent Star Zoe Kravitz Drank Liquid Clay to Lose Weight
By Tanya Diente | June 24, 2014 5:41 PM EST
Another actress has followed the footsteps of Shailene Woodley when it comes to consuming clay. "Divergent" actress Zoe Kravitz admitted to drinking liquid clay to lose weight for her role in "The Road Within."
Zoe went into extreme measures to lose weight for her latest role in "The Road Within."
The 25-year-old daughter of Lenny Kravitz, who plays an anorexic and bulimic character in her new movie, shared how she shed an additional 20 pounds to fit the role of Marie.
Zoe admitted to drinking clay because it "cleans your body and fills you up." Aside from clay, she also admitted to eating a Mason jar of pureed vegetables daily and goes for a run.
But Zoe discouraged anyone to drink clay. Although the diet works, she admitted it was awful. She recalled being like a "spade cadet" while on the clay diet.
Talking about her character in "The Road Within," Zoe said she can relate to Marie since she has also fought with eating disorders in the past. She also thinks all young women face the same struggle.
"There are a bunch of images that are thrown in our faces all the time about what we're supposed to look like at 14, 15, and 16. It's confusing. I think every woman can identify with that struggle."
In mentally preparing for her role, she admitted she did a lot of research on anorexic online support communities. She thought it was scary knowing there are no pro-anorexic Web sites where people, especially anorexics, talk to each other and support each other.
According to DailyNews, she is not the only actress to eat clay. Her "Divergent" Co-star Shailene Woodley also admitted to consuming clay since it excretes the materials that aren't necessarily the best for the body.
"The Road Within" follows the story of Vincent (Robert Sheehan) who has Tourette's syndrome. His mother dies leaving him in the care of his estranged politician father.
Placed in a residential home while his dad goes on a campaign, he meets an anorexic young woman named Marie (Zoe Kravitz) and an OCD named Alex (Dave Patel). Together, they venture out on a road trip to take his mother's ashes to the ocean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate