Mark Wahlberg And Nicola Peltz Daze by Fans at China's "Transformers" Premiere
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 24, 2014 5:28 PM EST
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" Stars Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz were dazed by hundreds of fans at the Premiere at Wanda CBD cinema in Beijing, China.
U.S. actress Nicola Peltz poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong, June 19, 2014.
The 19-year-old blonde beauty played the role of Tessa Yeager while the actor portrayed Tessa's father, Cade Yeager, who was a mechanic. The two characters are the central theme in the fourth installment of the Transformers movie series.
In a photo from Daily Mail, Peltz stood out on the red carpet with her black dress with plunging neckline and dash of red lipstick. Wahlberg looked cool in black jacket with matching pair of patent-leather, black hot pants.
The Transformers stars, other cast members, and even director Michael Bay were greeted by fans who queued for long hours to have their chance for autographs and pictures. They were all happy to give in to the fan's requests.
The premiere pushed through amid the turmoil between Chinese firm, Beijing Pangu Investment, who pulled out the sponsorship contract with Paramount Pictures on grounds of breach of contract. The investment company which provided the financial resources for the movie production filed a lawsuit in court pertaining to the breach of contract, damage to reputation and financial loss.
Pangu accused Paramount for failing to give full value of their buildings in the much-awaited, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" film. Pangu then requested to the Chinese authorities for the postponement of the movie release in China, which was set on June 27.
Such delay in the opening could potentially cost Paramount millions of losses so the production company sprang into action in a whirlwind of activity to show the Chinese sponsors how willing they are to go the distance to keep their partnership.
In an article from LA Times, it was cited the giant replica of the Bumblebee Transformer was relocated from another part of Beijing to the entrance of Pangu Plaza Hotel, the investment company's flagship building. Then Paramount Vice-Chairman Rob Moore, director Michael Bay, producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, and star Jack Reynor were jetted from Shanghai to Beijing.
Despite the tension, the shot press conference and the movie premiere still pushed through.
"As a director, working with Pangu Palace was fantastic. I want to put all this misunderstanding aside and just celebrate the great movie we shot in China. I hope everyone enjoys it," Director Bay said.
To see the photos of Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" China Premiere, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border