Mark Wahlberg And Nicola Peltz Daze by Fans at China's "Transformers" Premiere
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 24, 2014 5:28 PM EST
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" Stars Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz were dazed by hundreds of fans at the Premiere at Wanda CBD cinema in Beijing, China.
U.S. actress Nicola Peltz poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong, June 19, 2014.
The 19-year-old blonde beauty played the role of Tessa Yeager while the actor portrayed Tessa's father, Cade Yeager, who was a mechanic. The two characters are the central theme in the fourth installment of the Transformers movie series.
In a photo from Daily Mail, Peltz stood out on the red carpet with her black dress with plunging neckline and dash of red lipstick. Wahlberg looked cool in black jacket with matching pair of patent-leather, black hot pants.
The Transformers stars, other cast members, and even director Michael Bay were greeted by fans who queued for long hours to have their chance for autographs and pictures. They were all happy to give in to the fan's requests.
The premiere pushed through amid the turmoil between Chinese firm, Beijing Pangu Investment, who pulled out the sponsorship contract with Paramount Pictures on grounds of breach of contract. The investment company which provided the financial resources for the movie production filed a lawsuit in court pertaining to the breach of contract, damage to reputation and financial loss.
Pangu accused Paramount for failing to give full value of their buildings in the much-awaited, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" film. Pangu then requested to the Chinese authorities for the postponement of the movie release in China, which was set on June 27.
Such delay in the opening could potentially cost Paramount millions of losses so the production company sprang into action in a whirlwind of activity to show the Chinese sponsors how willing they are to go the distance to keep their partnership.
In an article from LA Times, it was cited the giant replica of the Bumblebee Transformer was relocated from another part of Beijing to the entrance of Pangu Plaza Hotel, the investment company's flagship building. Then Paramount Vice-Chairman Rob Moore, director Michael Bay, producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, and star Jack Reynor were jetted from Shanghai to Beijing.
Despite the tension, the shot press conference and the movie premiere still pushed through.
"As a director, working with Pangu Palace was fantastic. I want to put all this misunderstanding aside and just celebrate the great movie we shot in China. I hope everyone enjoys it," Director Bay said.
To see the photos of Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" China Premiere, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter