Mark Wahlberg And Nicola Peltz Daze by Fans at China's "Transformers" Premiere
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 24, 2014 5:28 PM EST
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" Stars Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz were dazed by hundreds of fans at the Premiere at Wanda CBD cinema in Beijing, China.
U.S. actress Nicola Peltz poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong, June 19, 2014.
The 19-year-old blonde beauty played the role of Tessa Yeager while the actor portrayed Tessa's father, Cade Yeager, who was a mechanic. The two characters are the central theme in the fourth installment of the Transformers movie series.
In a photo from Daily Mail, Peltz stood out on the red carpet with her black dress with plunging neckline and dash of red lipstick. Wahlberg looked cool in black jacket with matching pair of patent-leather, black hot pants.
The Transformers stars, other cast members, and even director Michael Bay were greeted by fans who queued for long hours to have their chance for autographs and pictures. They were all happy to give in to the fan's requests.
The premiere pushed through amid the turmoil between Chinese firm, Beijing Pangu Investment, who pulled out the sponsorship contract with Paramount Pictures on grounds of breach of contract. The investment company which provided the financial resources for the movie production filed a lawsuit in court pertaining to the breach of contract, damage to reputation and financial loss.
Pangu accused Paramount for failing to give full value of their buildings in the much-awaited, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" film. Pangu then requested to the Chinese authorities for the postponement of the movie release in China, which was set on June 27.
Such delay in the opening could potentially cost Paramount millions of losses so the production company sprang into action in a whirlwind of activity to show the Chinese sponsors how willing they are to go the distance to keep their partnership.
In an article from LA Times, it was cited the giant replica of the Bumblebee Transformer was relocated from another part of Beijing to the entrance of Pangu Plaza Hotel, the investment company's flagship building. Then Paramount Vice-Chairman Rob Moore, director Michael Bay, producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, and star Jack Reynor were jetted from Shanghai to Beijing.
Despite the tension, the shot press conference and the movie premiere still pushed through.
"As a director, working with Pangu Palace was fantastic. I want to put all this misunderstanding aside and just celebrate the great movie we shot in China. I hope everyone enjoys it," Director Bay said.
To see the photos of Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" China Premiere, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft