Sony Xperia Z2 Self-Cracking Issue: Know Possible Reasons, User Advices And Fixes
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 users have reported a crucial issue linked to the same problem found on Xperia Z and Xperia Z1 handsets.
It is called self-cracking display screen and can only be repaired by paying a visit a service center. But what could have caused the hardware problem?
Self-Cracking Display Screen
Some users reported a nasty case of self-cracking issue on the display screen of Sony Xperia Z2 at the official forum Web page of Sony Mobile. Forum member mick-y posted an image of his Xperia Z2 showing the cracked part on the back side of the smartphone.
Another user dpzOnline apparently placed the device on a shelf before going to bed and discovered several cracks the next morning. Based on the data from Gizmobolt, self-cracking issue may also happen to other Sony flagship Xperia smartphones that feature glass cover such as Xperia Z and Xperia Z1.
The only known solution to resolve the self-cracking issue on these devices is by going to the service center to get a replacement or have the glass panel repaired. But some users dislike the approach of bearing additional costs users who did not do anything about the cracks and should be classified as factory defect.
Self-Cracking Issue Causes
Self-cracking phenomenon on Sony Xperia Z2, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z remains an argument on how it can happen. According to GSMArena, these smartphones sport shatter-proof glass panels and accidental drops should not easily destroy the resilience of the device.
For the Sony Xperia Z2, these are some speculations on how self-cracking display screen may occur:
1. Overheating issue primarily caused by 4K video recording due to high-processing requirements.
2. Known issue about the gap on the exterior design which made the glass imbalance for the heat exchange.
3. Strong adhesive components used for specific smartphones having glass panels and water resistance feature.
While surrendering the device at service center may serve replacement or repair, some users expressed their concern regarding the availability of repair centers and policy regarding the warranty on Xperia Z2.
1. Ensure never use the 4K video recording for long periods to prevent overheating issue.
2. Double check the availability of service centers near the area for immediate repair.
3. Read the details and importance of getting an insurance policy for the Glass display of Xperia Z2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People