Sony Xperia Z2 Self-Cracking Issue: Know Possible Reasons, User Advices And Fixes
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 users have reported a crucial issue linked to the same problem found on Xperia Z and Xperia Z1 handsets.
It is called self-cracking display screen and can only be repaired by paying a visit a service center. But what could have caused the hardware problem?
Self-Cracking Display Screen
Some users reported a nasty case of self-cracking issue on the display screen of Sony Xperia Z2 at the official forum Web page of Sony Mobile. Forum member mick-y posted an image of his Xperia Z2 showing the cracked part on the back side of the smartphone.
Another user dpzOnline apparently placed the device on a shelf before going to bed and discovered several cracks the next morning. Based on the data from Gizmobolt, self-cracking issue may also happen to other Sony flagship Xperia smartphones that feature glass cover such as Xperia Z and Xperia Z1.
The only known solution to resolve the self-cracking issue on these devices is by going to the service center to get a replacement or have the glass panel repaired. But some users dislike the approach of bearing additional costs users who did not do anything about the cracks and should be classified as factory defect.
Self-Cracking Issue Causes
Self-cracking phenomenon on Sony Xperia Z2, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z remains an argument on how it can happen. According to GSMArena, these smartphones sport shatter-proof glass panels and accidental drops should not easily destroy the resilience of the device.
For the Sony Xperia Z2, these are some speculations on how self-cracking display screen may occur:
1. Overheating issue primarily caused by 4K video recording due to high-processing requirements.
2. Known issue about the gap on the exterior design which made the glass imbalance for the heat exchange.
3. Strong adhesive components used for specific smartphones having glass panels and water resistance feature.
While surrendering the device at service center may serve replacement or repair, some users expressed their concern regarding the availability of repair centers and policy regarding the warranty on Xperia Z2.
1. Ensure never use the 4K video recording for long periods to prevent overheating issue.
2. Double check the availability of service centers near the area for immediate repair.
3. Read the details and importance of getting an insurance policy for the Glass display of Xperia Z2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists