Sony Xperia Z2 Self-Cracking Issue: Know Possible Reasons, User Advices And Fixes
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 users have reported a crucial issue linked to the same problem found on Xperia Z and Xperia Z1 handsets.
It is called self-cracking display screen and can only be repaired by paying a visit a service center. But what could have caused the hardware problem?
Self-Cracking Display Screen
Some users reported a nasty case of self-cracking issue on the display screen of Sony Xperia Z2 at the official forum Web page of Sony Mobile. Forum member mick-y posted an image of his Xperia Z2 showing the cracked part on the back side of the smartphone.
Another user dpzOnline apparently placed the device on a shelf before going to bed and discovered several cracks the next morning. Based on the data from Gizmobolt, self-cracking issue may also happen to other Sony flagship Xperia smartphones that feature glass cover such as Xperia Z and Xperia Z1.
The only known solution to resolve the self-cracking issue on these devices is by going to the service center to get a replacement or have the glass panel repaired. But some users dislike the approach of bearing additional costs users who did not do anything about the cracks and should be classified as factory defect.
Self-Cracking Issue Causes
Self-cracking phenomenon on Sony Xperia Z2, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z remains an argument on how it can happen. According to GSMArena, these smartphones sport shatter-proof glass panels and accidental drops should not easily destroy the resilience of the device.
For the Sony Xperia Z2, these are some speculations on how self-cracking display screen may occur:
1. Overheating issue primarily caused by 4K video recording due to high-processing requirements.
2. Known issue about the gap on the exterior design which made the glass imbalance for the heat exchange.
3. Strong adhesive components used for specific smartphones having glass panels and water resistance feature.
While surrendering the device at service center may serve replacement or repair, some users expressed their concern regarding the availability of repair centers and policy regarding the warranty on Xperia Z2.
1. Ensure never use the 4K video recording for long periods to prevent overheating issue.
2. Double check the availability of service centers near the area for immediate repair.
3. Read the details and importance of getting an insurance policy for the Glass display of Xperia Z2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet