5 Things You Should Know Before Transformers 4 Opens on June 25
June 24, 2014 5:01 PM EST
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" is set to hit the theaters over the weekend. Michael Bay promises another edge-of-your-seat experience with new heroes, new enemies and robots transforming into the coolest cars and state-of-the-art vehicles seen worldwide.
Director Michael Bay (L) and cast members of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction", (2nd L - R) Li Bingbing, Nicola Peltz, Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor pose for photographs on the red carpet during the closing ceremony of the 17th Shanghai International Film Festival in Shanghai, June 22, 2014
Learning few things about the movie before it officially launches will help manage your expectations and keep you sane as you wait in excitement.
Movie Almost 3 Hours Long
Transformers' fans will be delighted to know that the film will showcase robots and nonstop special effects for two hours and 45 minutes. Although there will be plenty of scenes featuring human characters, much of the film will revolve around Optimus Prime and his fellow Autobots and their nemesis, the Decepticons. According to film critics, Transformers 4 features the most robot fighting scenes among the series.
Transformers fans will see Bumblebee transform into a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro and 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Drift will transform into a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sports Vitesse sports car. Lockdown will transform into a Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4. Cliffjumper will transform into a Chevrolet Sonic RS. Optimus Prime will transform into a customized Western Star 4900 SB truck.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" happens four years after the last battle in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the third installment. The new movie also features a new array of actors, led by Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager. Other members of the cast include Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Li Bingbing and T.J. Miller among others. Cade Yeager was supposed to be played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, but he declined since he was still filming "Hercules" at the time.
Among of the most anticipated characters in Transformers 4 are the Dinobots. These are ancient robots that transform into mechanical dinosaurs. Some of the Dinobots that will be featured in the film include Grimlock, Strafe, Slug, Scorn and Slash. The team is led by Grimlock who transforms into a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Others can transform into mechanical creatures like a triceratops, pteranodon, spinosaurus and velicoraptor.
There will also be new enemies for the Autobots to face, including the mysterious Galvatron and the bounty hunter, Lockout. Lockout is one of the most dangerous villains that the Autobots will ever face, being able to move stealthily and killing other robots in his path as he sets out to find Optimus Prime.
Both young and old audiences are expected to love the new movie with its high-action and comedic scenes.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports