5 Things You Should Know Before Transformers 4 Opens on June 25
June 24, 2014 5:01 PM EST
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" is set to hit the theaters over the weekend. Michael Bay promises another edge-of-your-seat experience with new heroes, new enemies and robots transforming into the coolest cars and state-of-the-art vehicles seen worldwide.
Director Michael Bay (L) and cast members of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction", (2nd L - R) Li Bingbing, Nicola Peltz, Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor pose for photographs on the red carpet during the closing ceremony of the 17th Shanghai International Film Festival in Shanghai, June 22, 2014
Learning few things about the movie before it officially launches will help manage your expectations and keep you sane as you wait in excitement.
Movie Almost 3 Hours Long
Transformers' fans will be delighted to know that the film will showcase robots and nonstop special effects for two hours and 45 minutes. Although there will be plenty of scenes featuring human characters, much of the film will revolve around Optimus Prime and his fellow Autobots and their nemesis, the Decepticons. According to film critics, Transformers 4 features the most robot fighting scenes among the series.
Transformers fans will see Bumblebee transform into a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro and 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Drift will transform into a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sports Vitesse sports car. Lockdown will transform into a Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4. Cliffjumper will transform into a Chevrolet Sonic RS. Optimus Prime will transform into a customized Western Star 4900 SB truck.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" happens four years after the last battle in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the third installment. The new movie also features a new array of actors, led by Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager. Other members of the cast include Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Li Bingbing and T.J. Miller among others. Cade Yeager was supposed to be played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, but he declined since he was still filming "Hercules" at the time.
Among of the most anticipated characters in Transformers 4 are the Dinobots. These are ancient robots that transform into mechanical dinosaurs. Some of the Dinobots that will be featured in the film include Grimlock, Strafe, Slug, Scorn and Slash. The team is led by Grimlock who transforms into a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Others can transform into mechanical creatures like a triceratops, pteranodon, spinosaurus and velicoraptor.
There will also be new enemies for the Autobots to face, including the mysterious Galvatron and the bounty hunter, Lockout. Lockout is one of the most dangerous villains that the Autobots will ever face, being able to move stealthily and killing other robots in his path as he sets out to find Optimus Prime.
Both young and old audiences are expected to love the new movie with its high-action and comedic scenes.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots