South Melbourne FC Taps BenQ as Principal Partner
By James Patrick Quizon | June 24, 2014 4:52 PM EST
South Melbourne Football Club has found a new partner in BenQ, a global trendsetter of connected digital lifestyle devices. The sponsorship is expected run for the duration of the 2014 National Premiere League (NPL) Victoria Season.
The deal comes years after BenQ’s sponsorship of Real Madrid FC in Spain continuing the tradition of the company of supporting popular sports clubs over the years.
“BenQ was the second multinational partner to support SMFC and that they felt the partnership of a global brand like BenQ clearly demonstrated the growth of their corporate base over the past two years,” stated a press release from the company.
South Melbourne is currently on the top of the league ladder in NPL Victoria division.
Other divisions aside from Victoria are ACT, NSW, Northern NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia. Winners form the divisional league play will compete in the finals playoff tournament at the end of the season to declare the Grand Final champion.
“This sponsorship provides an excellent vehicle for us to market our brand and build rapport with SMFC’s large following and fan base,” said Martin Moelle, MD for BenQ Australia.
“Recognising the scope for mutual benefit, we are proud to announce our alignment with SMFC, a partnership which will allow us to capitalise on the fun and fanfare of an exciting World Cup,” added Moelle. “We wish them continued success in the 2014 Season.”
South Melbourne FC beat Heidelberg United, 3-0 last Sunday to remain on top of the Victoria ladder at Lakeside Stadium last Sunday. The BenQ-backed team will take on the Melbourne Knights in their next game set on June 25, Wednesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies