South Melbourne FC Taps BenQ as Principal Partner
By James Patrick Quizon | June 24, 2014 4:52 PM EST
South Melbourne Football Club has found a new partner in BenQ, a global trendsetter of connected digital lifestyle devices. The sponsorship is expected run for the duration of the 2014 National Premiere League (NPL) Victoria Season.
The deal comes years after BenQ’s sponsorship of Real Madrid FC in Spain continuing the tradition of the company of supporting popular sports clubs over the years.
“BenQ was the second multinational partner to support SMFC and that they felt the partnership of a global brand like BenQ clearly demonstrated the growth of their corporate base over the past two years,” stated a press release from the company.
South Melbourne is currently on the top of the league ladder in NPL Victoria division.
Other divisions aside from Victoria are ACT, NSW, Northern NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia. Winners form the divisional league play will compete in the finals playoff tournament at the end of the season to declare the Grand Final champion.
“This sponsorship provides an excellent vehicle for us to market our brand and build rapport with SMFC’s large following and fan base,” said Martin Moelle, MD for BenQ Australia.
“Recognising the scope for mutual benefit, we are proud to announce our alignment with SMFC, a partnership which will allow us to capitalise on the fun and fanfare of an exciting World Cup,” added Moelle. “We wish them continued success in the 2014 Season.”
South Melbourne FC beat Heidelberg United, 3-0 last Sunday to remain on top of the Victoria ladder at Lakeside Stadium last Sunday. The BenQ-backed team will take on the Melbourne Knights in their next game set on June 25, Wednesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’