South Melbourne FC Taps BenQ as Principal Partner
By James Patrick Quizon | June 24, 2014 4:52 PM EST
South Melbourne Football Club has found a new partner in BenQ, a global trendsetter of connected digital lifestyle devices. The sponsorship is expected run for the duration of the 2014 National Premiere League (NPL) Victoria Season.
The deal comes years after BenQ’s sponsorship of Real Madrid FC in Spain continuing the tradition of the company of supporting popular sports clubs over the years.
“BenQ was the second multinational partner to support SMFC and that they felt the partnership of a global brand like BenQ clearly demonstrated the growth of their corporate base over the past two years,” stated a press release from the company.
South Melbourne is currently on the top of the league ladder in NPL Victoria division.
Other divisions aside from Victoria are ACT, NSW, Northern NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia. Winners form the divisional league play will compete in the finals playoff tournament at the end of the season to declare the Grand Final champion.
“This sponsorship provides an excellent vehicle for us to market our brand and build rapport with SMFC’s large following and fan base,” said Martin Moelle, MD for BenQ Australia.
“Recognising the scope for mutual benefit, we are proud to announce our alignment with SMFC, a partnership which will allow us to capitalise on the fun and fanfare of an exciting World Cup,” added Moelle. “We wish them continued success in the 2014 Season.”
South Melbourne FC beat Heidelberg United, 3-0 last Sunday to remain on top of the Victoria ladder at Lakeside Stadium last Sunday. The BenQ-backed team will take on the Melbourne Knights in their next game set on June 25, Wednesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29