South Melbourne FC Taps BenQ as Principal Partner
By James Patrick Quizon | June 24, 2014 4:52 PM EST
South Melbourne Football Club has found a new partner in BenQ, a global trendsetter of connected digital lifestyle devices. The sponsorship is expected run for the duration of the 2014 National Premiere League (NPL) Victoria Season.
The deal comes years after BenQ’s sponsorship of Real Madrid FC in Spain continuing the tradition of the company of supporting popular sports clubs over the years.
“BenQ was the second multinational partner to support SMFC and that they felt the partnership of a global brand like BenQ clearly demonstrated the growth of their corporate base over the past two years,” stated a press release from the company.
South Melbourne is currently on the top of the league ladder in NPL Victoria division.
Other divisions aside from Victoria are ACT, NSW, Northern NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia. Winners form the divisional league play will compete in the finals playoff tournament at the end of the season to declare the Grand Final champion.
“This sponsorship provides an excellent vehicle for us to market our brand and build rapport with SMFC’s large following and fan base,” said Martin Moelle, MD for BenQ Australia.
“Recognising the scope for mutual benefit, we are proud to announce our alignment with SMFC, a partnership which will allow us to capitalise on the fun and fanfare of an exciting World Cup,” added Moelle. “We wish them continued success in the 2014 Season.”
South Melbourne FC beat Heidelberg United, 3-0 last Sunday to remain on top of the Victoria ladder at Lakeside Stadium last Sunday. The BenQ-backed team will take on the Melbourne Knights in their next game set on June 25, Wednesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy