HTC Develops 8.9-Inch Google Nexus 9 Tablet
By Naveena Joy | June 24, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Android Police reported HTC is building the next and possibly the last Nexus tablet which will be quite impressive. The device is rumored to be called HTC "Volantis" or Nexus 9. The specs department specifies that HTC Volantis will have the following features:
- 8.9-inch display at 2048 x 1440 (281 ppi)
- NVIDIA Logan 64-bit processor (Tegra K1)
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP OIS main camera, 3 MP front-facing camera
- Aluminum zero-gap construction
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- 8.91-inch x 5.98-inch x 0.31-inch body (22.63 cm x 15.19 cm x 0.79 cm)
- 418 g (427 g with LTE) (14.74 / 15.1 ounces)
The features seemed to be very remarkable, but The Verge reported the future of Nexus program itself is in question. This is because there are multiple reports that drive toward Google replacing the Nexus line and its focus on "pure Android" by launching Android Silver.
The company would like to trust manufacturers like LG and Motorola who are the pioneers in Android experience. Also, The Verge reported before venturing into Android Silver next year, Google probably would like to launch a new Nexus tablet.
Reports published on Android Police seemed to be trustworthy seeing its past records. Other rumours did cite a device named HTC Volantis tablet with similar specifications in the past. These reports also indicated Nexus 9 could have been decided internally before Android Silver.
Pricing of the tablet was also listed. To start with the launch, the 16 GB version of the phone will cost at $399 and the 32 GB will cost at $499.
The LTE connectivity would be coming with an extra amount in the $600 and above range. There is a possibility of change in the pricing strategy, especially at the peak of the product launch.
Android Police said Volantis will include a premium range of hardware and will also come with a few official accessories comprising of a keyboard case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James