HTC Develops 8.9-Inch Google Nexus 9 Tablet
By Naveena Joy | June 24, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Android Police reported HTC is building the next and possibly the last Nexus tablet which will be quite impressive. The device is rumored to be called HTC "Volantis" or Nexus 9. The specs department specifies that HTC Volantis will have the following features:
- 8.9-inch display at 2048 x 1440 (281 ppi)
- NVIDIA Logan 64-bit processor (Tegra K1)
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP OIS main camera, 3 MP front-facing camera
- Aluminum zero-gap construction
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- 8.91-inch x 5.98-inch x 0.31-inch body (22.63 cm x 15.19 cm x 0.79 cm)
- 418 g (427 g with LTE) (14.74 / 15.1 ounces)
The features seemed to be very remarkable, but The Verge reported the future of Nexus program itself is in question. This is because there are multiple reports that drive toward Google replacing the Nexus line and its focus on "pure Android" by launching Android Silver.
The company would like to trust manufacturers like LG and Motorola who are the pioneers in Android experience. Also, The Verge reported before venturing into Android Silver next year, Google probably would like to launch a new Nexus tablet.
Reports published on Android Police seemed to be trustworthy seeing its past records. Other rumours did cite a device named HTC Volantis tablet with similar specifications in the past. These reports also indicated Nexus 9 could have been decided internally before Android Silver.
Pricing of the tablet was also listed. To start with the launch, the 16 GB version of the phone will cost at $399 and the 32 GB will cost at $499.
The LTE connectivity would be coming with an extra amount in the $600 and above range. There is a possibility of change in the pricing strategy, especially at the peak of the product launch.
Android Police said Volantis will include a premium range of hardware and will also come with a few official accessories comprising of a keyboard case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June