HTC Develops 8.9-Inch Google Nexus 9 Tablet
By Naveena Joy | June 24, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Android Police reported HTC is building the next and possibly the last Nexus tablet which will be quite impressive. The device is rumored to be called HTC "Volantis" or Nexus 9. The specs department specifies that HTC Volantis will have the following features:
- 8.9-inch display at 2048 x 1440 (281 ppi)
- NVIDIA Logan 64-bit processor (Tegra K1)
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP OIS main camera, 3 MP front-facing camera
- Aluminum zero-gap construction
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- 8.91-inch x 5.98-inch x 0.31-inch body (22.63 cm x 15.19 cm x 0.79 cm)
- 418 g (427 g with LTE) (14.74 / 15.1 ounces)
The features seemed to be very remarkable, but The Verge reported the future of Nexus program itself is in question. This is because there are multiple reports that drive toward Google replacing the Nexus line and its focus on "pure Android" by launching Android Silver.
The company would like to trust manufacturers like LG and Motorola who are the pioneers in Android experience. Also, The Verge reported before venturing into Android Silver next year, Google probably would like to launch a new Nexus tablet.
Reports published on Android Police seemed to be trustworthy seeing its past records. Other rumours did cite a device named HTC Volantis tablet with similar specifications in the past. These reports also indicated Nexus 9 could have been decided internally before Android Silver.
Pricing of the tablet was also listed. To start with the launch, the 16 GB version of the phone will cost at $399 and the 32 GB will cost at $499.
The LTE connectivity would be coming with an extra amount in the $600 and above range. There is a possibility of change in the pricing strategy, especially at the peak of the product launch.
Android Police said Volantis will include a premium range of hardware and will also come with a few official accessories comprising of a keyboard case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools