HTC Develops 8.9-Inch Google Nexus 9 Tablet
By Naveena Joy | June 24, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Android Police reported HTC is building the next and possibly the last Nexus tablet which will be quite impressive. The device is rumored to be called HTC "Volantis" or Nexus 9. The specs department specifies that HTC Volantis will have the following features:
- 8.9-inch display at 2048 x 1440 (281 ppi)
- NVIDIA Logan 64-bit processor (Tegra K1)
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP OIS main camera, 3 MP front-facing camera
- Aluminum zero-gap construction
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- 8.91-inch x 5.98-inch x 0.31-inch body (22.63 cm x 15.19 cm x 0.79 cm)
- 418 g (427 g with LTE) (14.74 / 15.1 ounces)
The features seemed to be very remarkable, but The Verge reported the future of Nexus program itself is in question. This is because there are multiple reports that drive toward Google replacing the Nexus line and its focus on "pure Android" by launching Android Silver.
The company would like to trust manufacturers like LG and Motorola who are the pioneers in Android experience. Also, The Verge reported before venturing into Android Silver next year, Google probably would like to launch a new Nexus tablet.
Reports published on Android Police seemed to be trustworthy seeing its past records. Other rumours did cite a device named HTC Volantis tablet with similar specifications in the past. These reports also indicated Nexus 9 could have been decided internally before Android Silver.
Pricing of the tablet was also listed. To start with the launch, the 16 GB version of the phone will cost at $399 and the 32 GB will cost at $499.
The LTE connectivity would be coming with an extra amount in the $600 and above range. There is a possibility of change in the pricing strategy, especially at the peak of the product launch.
Android Police said Volantis will include a premium range of hardware and will also come with a few official accessories comprising of a keyboard case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers