HTC Develops 8.9-Inch Google Nexus 9 Tablet
By Naveena Joy | June 24, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Android Police reported HTC is building the next and possibly the last Nexus tablet which will be quite impressive. The device is rumored to be called HTC "Volantis" or Nexus 9. The specs department specifies that HTC Volantis will have the following features:
- 8.9-inch display at 2048 x 1440 (281 ppi)
- NVIDIA Logan 64-bit processor (Tegra K1)
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP OIS main camera, 3 MP front-facing camera
- Aluminum zero-gap construction
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- 8.91-inch x 5.98-inch x 0.31-inch body (22.63 cm x 15.19 cm x 0.79 cm)
- 418 g (427 g with LTE) (14.74 / 15.1 ounces)
The features seemed to be very remarkable, but The Verge reported the future of Nexus program itself is in question. This is because there are multiple reports that drive toward Google replacing the Nexus line and its focus on "pure Android" by launching Android Silver.
The company would like to trust manufacturers like LG and Motorola who are the pioneers in Android experience. Also, The Verge reported before venturing into Android Silver next year, Google probably would like to launch a new Nexus tablet.
Reports published on Android Police seemed to be trustworthy seeing its past records. Other rumours did cite a device named HTC Volantis tablet with similar specifications in the past. These reports also indicated Nexus 9 could have been decided internally before Android Silver.
Pricing of the tablet was also listed. To start with the launch, the 16 GB version of the phone will cost at $399 and the 32 GB will cost at $499.
The LTE connectivity would be coming with an extra amount in the $600 and above range. There is a possibility of change in the pricing strategy, especially at the peak of the product launch.
Android Police said Volantis will include a premium range of hardware and will also come with a few official accessories comprising of a keyboard case.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2